Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: anyone from SE usa?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I thought he lived north of Tampa... Or they do... did. Or we are thinking of different members.
    Probably thinking of different members. I wasn't thinking of Marconi or K-car, and I forgot about Daedal. (Think he lives north of Tampa too...)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Probably thinking of different members. I wasn't thinking of Marconi or K-car, and I forgot about Daedal. (Think he lives north of Tampa too...)

Adam
    Orlando Actually

I'm down for a meet somewhere near by, and itching for the next FLEM (it's about 10 minutes from where I am now )

Just like Aaron said, something around the ATL area would be great for me too. I don't mind carpooling with someone either...

A meet like this would be something to help me get by since I am really looking forward to SELEM this year.

I WILL have my projector done by March-ish... I'm just spending too much time slacking (read working)...

--DDL

Cool

You're back!

Long time, no see dude... So you'll have a projector by March, eh? Cool... I need to get on the phone with Paul and work something out for the next FLEM in Orlando.

Though I'd also be up for another meet anytime between now and August, so long as it's within driving distance of Charleston. (I have zero vacation left at work after the hospital stay and the back surgery. So no chance to take any time off for several months until I can build it back up.)

Adam

I'd like the ATL area too...

atl would probably be the closest i can attend due to work
    http://modwerx.com

Modwerx stocks several components, accessories, and tools for the laser hobbyist and professionals!

Always remember to keep it safe and sane by practicing proper laser safety whether your into pointers or laser shows!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_safety

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    You're back!

Long time, no see dude... So you'll have a projector by March, eh? Cool... I need to get on the phone with Paul and work something out for the next FLEM in Orlando.

Though I'd also be up for another meet anytime between now and August, so long as it's within driving distance of Charleston. (I have zero vacation left at work after the hospital stay and the back surgery. So no chance to take any time off for several months until I can build it back up.)

Adam
    I really hope to have it done by then... I have all the pieces, and I aligned everything last weekend and I LOVED the whitelight... quite pouwerful too :P Working on adding some BluRay in there too now...

I understand about the vacation time. Again, I am very happy to hear you are doing well now and hopefully coming to this meet

Does ATL sound good to you? It seems to be a central location to the bunch of us here in SE-USA.

--DDL

I think the only thing wrong with Atlanta is that finding a place for cheap is going to be difficult. Maybe somewhere outside of Atlanta, maybe Macon or Columbus.

Smile

I'm good for anything in the ATL area, or points further south even. But as DZ mentioned, finding a cheap venue is going to be most difficult.

I still need to call Paul and see about the availability of the Orlando venue for late March time frame...

Adam

I'll have flashbacks if I attend one in Columbus.

WAY to close to Ft. Benning...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Well, one nice thing about having it in Columbus is that there is a planetarium there that uses a Digistar 3 Laser. Which is full dome video via lasers. I was hoping to see it last time I was there, however it wasn't working! Maybe if its work now, it'd be a nice little side trip.