Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: anyone from SE usa?

Default anyone from SE usa?

i live in dothan, al and was wondering if anyone else was from the area? it would be nice to meet someone that can show me the insides of a scanner (up close) so i can see how theyre set up. ive never built a scanner before but am seriously contemplating it when i get some money.
    http://modwerx.com

Modwerx stocks several components, accessories, and tools for the laser hobbyist and professionals!

Always remember to keep it safe and sane by practicing proper laser safety whether your into pointers or laser shows!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_safety

Not quite as far south as Dothan, but my projector and I will probably be spending a lot of time in Hunstville starting this spring. Also, the next Southeast Laser Enthusiast Meet (SELEM) will take place in August in North Carolina, which would be a GREAT way to meet lots of folks from this forum and get some hands-on time with a lot of different laser equipment! Plus, there could possibly be another Florida Laser Enthusiasts Meet (FLEM) around Orlando in the spring.
    Last edited by Stuka; 01-09-2009 at 17:22.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Smile

There are quite a few of us in the south east. Some of the cities where we have members include Charlotte NC, Greensboro NC, Atlanta GA, Charleston SC, Jacksonville FL, Orlando FL, Tampa FL, Miami FL, & Knoxville TN. I've probably missed a few, but that's a good sampling of the South Eastern US members.

We are currently looking at mid to late March timeframe for the next Florida Laser Enthusiast's Meeting. Not sure yet if we'll have access to the venue or not though. Also, the 3rd annual South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting will be held over the weekend of August 15th and 16th in Newton, North Carolina. (About 45 min west-north-west of Charlotte, NC.)

Having said that, it only takes a few people to have a successful Laser Enthusiast's Meeting, so if you're interested in getting together at some other time, post your ideas here.

Adam

I'm down the road from Stuka in Cookeville, TN

I would be up for a meet in Greenville SC or Asheville areas.....I will call a friend in greenville and see if a hangar could be used if there is a vacant one. Possible venue in Cherokee...
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    I would be up for a meet in Greenville SC or Asheville areas.....I will call a friend in greenville and see if a hangar could be used if there is a vacant one. Possible venue in Cherokee...
    I especially like the Asheville and Cherokee ideas - might give the non-laser geek members of the family something to do...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Smile

I would be up for a mini-meet in any of those areas. Mike, if you can work something out, give me a call and we'll make plans!

Adam

Lightbulb

Hey, a lil further south would be good... Atlanta area? Maybe have the janitor join in also...

Adam... you forgot Eustis...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Cool

Yeah, well, I figure Eustis is close enough to Orlando to count as one. I lumped Royal Palm Village in with Miami too.

And actually, the Tampa FL one is a bit off as well, since the member I was thinking about technically lives a good bit south of there. Same thing for Greensboro NC...

Adam

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    And actually, the Tampa FL one is a bit off as well, since the member I was thinking about technically lives a good bit south of there.
    I thought he lived north of Tampa... Or they do... did. Or we are thinking of different members.