Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: qm2000.net ip conflict

Default qm2000.net ip conflict

I've just re installed ld2000 after replacing my hardrive and now find my normal broadband internet will not work when i'm connected to the qm2000.

either one will work on its own but not when both are enabled......i'm sue they both worked together last time.

i've changed the ip adresses but to no availe,.......i'm no computer expert, does anyone have any suggestions, seems to be an ip conflict.

if necessary i'll just have to use one at a time

thanks for any help

dave321
    dave321

Quote Originally Posted by dave321 View Post
    I've just re installed ld2000 after replacing my hardrive and now find my normal broadband internet will not work when i'm connected to the qm2000.

either one will work on its own but not when both are enabled......i'm sue they both worked together last time.

i've changed the ip adresses but to no availe,.......i'm no computer expert, does anyone have any suggestions, seems to be an ip conflict.

if necessary i'll just have to use one at a time

thanks for any help

dave321
    Hmmm - if you're using a router and it automatically assigns an IP address to your PC, it might be trying to assign the .NET IP address to the PC. You might try giving the PC a permanent address, instead of letting the router assign one. As long as everything but the last set of numbers is the same in the IP address, it SHOULD work - IF the IP address is the issue. If you try this route, reboot after making the changes so the router gets a fresh look at everything.

Are you getting any error messages, and by chance did you have an FB3 with LivePRO installed on the same computer? I ran into an issue with that during my .NET setup.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Thanks for the quick reply.

The I.P. address for the PC is definately NOT the same as the .NET I.P. address. However I did just assign a static IP address to the PC to be certain.

The router uses a range of .64-253 for DHCP, so I started by using the same static address as what the router had assigned by DHCP, in this case it was .67, and as that made no difference, I then used an I.P. address outside the DHCP scope of .3, however this meant the internet didn't work even with the connection to the .NET disabled.

I then tried using an IP address which the router hasn't already assigned to any devices, this time, .200, however the same problem still occured.

It's almost as though IE is trying to use the .NET connection to get onto the internet rather than the wireless connection to the router....however I can't find an option in IE to specify which connection to use.

Hope that all makes sense.

P.S. I rebooted inbetween making the above changes.
    dave321

I don't really know anything about how the QM2000.NET works, but I really don't see any reason why it should disrupt your internet connection.

Tell us more about how the QM2000.NET is connected to the network? I get the impression you have 2 NICs in that computer, with the QM on one and the LAN on the other one. If so, make sure to leave "gateway" empty on the QM NIC.

It should also not be a problem to give yourself a static IP outside the DHCP scope. You must've gotten some setting wrong here. Look at all the info you get from ipconfig /all with DHCP and enter everything as it is there (except your IP, which you change of course) when you switch to static.

How does the QM act against the network? Is it a DHCP client/server? Static IP?

QM.NET uses a fixed IP address. It can be reconfigured with utility that comes with the LD2000 system. Other than a direct IP address conflict, I don't see where it alone could be causing the problem, either.

Aren't IP problems fun!!

Dave321 - Are you getting any error messages when you start up the LD2000 software?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

The QM.NET is connected to a physical NIC, and the connection to the LAN is via a Wireless card built into the laptop.

I used ipconfig /all when I made the changeover to a static address and can confirm the subnet gateway and dns addresses used were all the same as what DHCP assigns.

The gateway is blank on the QM.NET connection.

Not entirely sure how the QM.NET acts against the network, however the instructions
    state to use a static IP address of 192.168.1.1 which is what we have used.

I just managed to get the internet working using a static IP address outside the DHCP scope however I had to enter the "connection specific dns suffix" into the advanced settings of the TCP/IP properties.

Even with the above set, as soon as we enable the QM.NET connection, the internet then ceases to work once more.
    dave321

The QM.NET is connected to a physical NIC, and the connection to the LAN is via a Wireless card built into the laptop.

I used ipconfig /all when I made the changeover to a static address and can confirm the subnet gateway and dns addresses used were all the same as what DHCP assigns.

The gateway is blank on the QM.NET connection.

Not entirely sure how the QM.NET acts against the network, however the instructions
    state to use a static IP address of 192.168.1.1 which is what we have used.

I just managed to get the internet working using a static IP address outside the DHCP scope however I had to enter the "connection specific dns suffix" into the advanced settings of the TCP/IP properties.

Even with the above set, as soon as we enable the QM.NET connection, the internet then ceases to work once more.

Hmm - the wireless might be helping to make things "interesting".
    I wonder if there is by chance a firewall running on your PC, that for some reason is shutting down the Internet link when the QM.NET is active?

If the firewall situation applies to you, try adding the QM.NET address to the firewall settings as one of the "approved" computers on your network.
    RR

Sweet.....

stuka,
    just uninstalled the firewall.........no change

thanks for trying

dave321
    dave321

however the instructions state to use a static IP address of 192.168.1.1 which is what we have used.

192.168.1.1 may be the problem. My DSL modem *always* assigns itsself *.*.1.1 If the QM.NET is using your internet devices IP, there is the problem.

Damn - this is getting tough (on you especially, I'll bet)

I'm digging here, but is your wirelss connection managed by Windows, or by some 3rd party application? There could be a feature of some wireless management utilities that could act like a firewall and cause the disconnect, even if a separate firewall is not running.

What address was the QM.NET box configured with originally?
    Mophead might be on to something...
    RR

Sweet.....