Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: huge directory of files

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

so much for google translate.

I ment I took french, which was a stupid choice , in school

ACKKKKK! some things computers will NEVER do right.

Steve

I want to learn either spanish (for financial reasons) or german just for the heck of it. Does rossetta stone really work

I'm learning Spanish cuz my girlfriend speaks that language.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    I want to learn either spanish (for financial reasons) or german just for the heck of it. Does rossetta stone really work
    Spend a week with a Hispanic chica in a place with beer, you will learn all you need to know. Or HERE:

http://www.wordreference.com/es/tran...?tranword=beer

Seriously, Spanish is easy for a Adult and just about any course will work, but avoid tapes that ask you to say the word after they say it quickly, because you never hear it right unless your a so called auditory learner.

From a teacher's point of view, there are visual learners, auditory learners, gifted kids who can do both, and those you used to send to trade schools. If your a auditory learner, the tapes work, but that is only about 30% of the population. If your not a auditory learner, don't let that discourage you, get a old text and go through it. Spanish is close enough to English that you will "get" it.

Get a 9th grade text, or a college beginning one, they sell for like 5 bucks used.

Try continuing ed courses, usually offered in the evenings by local vocational schools. Also Spanish clubs, etc.

5 minutes in a class is worth 5 hours with a tape. 10 minutes watching univision to get the accent right wont hurt either, but seriously, practice with some sort of partner. I'd make a crass remark about hiring a illegal alien, but I don't think its too funny these days.

That's why I never passed the Morse code test for my ham radio license, no partner to practice with. But in 1990 they dropped the code requirement and I passed the theory tests all the way to the general license in one day. To this day I can't decipher code, I have to write out the dots and dashes and look them up, because of no practice.

I took French in high school because of a pair of good looking legs named Julie, and that was a big mistake. Really wanted German, but they didn't offer it.

I'd think for you the test would be watch a univision children's show for about a hour and see how much you get. If you get the gist of it, buy a tape, if you don't get it, then find a teacher. The adults speak way too fast for that test.

I've always wondered about the comparative number of syllables for Spanish to English. It always seems like they have more to say to get a point across.

Why did I suddenly have a feeling that there is a free online course these days? You probably can get a free basic brain surgery course on line today.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 01-17-2009 at 04:18.

Talking HELP

oliverst14@hotmail.com

The files are gone can you email them to me please
    or upload them on rapidshare then email me the link cheers
    vulcanfireworks@hotmail.com

Default Backyard Lawyers

back yard lawyers in this forum ar starting to shit me to tears talking about copyright laws and how we are all breaking them.BULL SHIT
    GROW UP OR SHUT DOWN THE FTP SERVER because YOU FULL OF SHIT.
    everything in the ftp server is breaking copyright laws there is 12 dozern Disney pictures in there and there copyright 100 animations from warner Brothers that is in breach so dont bull crap me about copyright. Its getting very old. Most images is realy taken of gif files anyway.
    All the music is copyright also.
    Think about it.....