Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 405nm again again again

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post
    there should be a 405 PBS in the 803t sleds that can be used to combine beams. I've got a pair but haven't opened them up yet.
    Dammit man, how come no one else has noticed this? We wouldn't have had Bridge make a batch of them... Are you sure it is a 405 PBS cube in there?

We know! It is a very small (5x5mm?) cube that is used to combine the red and the 405. It can propably be used to combine two 405's but it's a bit small. Try it out and measure the loss, one side could be coated for red.

No not sure at all actually... still need to take my sleds apart. I just thought that I had read a discussion on it a while back but the cube may not be coated properly for low loss.

Quote Originally Posted by dar303 View Post
    We know! It is a very small (5x5mm?) cube that is used to combine the red and the 405. It can propably be used to combine two 405's but it's a bit small. Try it out and measure the loss, one side could be coated for red.
    yes there are but they are WAY to small to use.

they are no bigger than 5mm
    -Josh

Ollie,
    I'm planning to rig up 400mW of 405nm too using 2x 200mW diodes and a LW PBS. Should be done in a month(ish). Waiting on parts.
    In fact I'm going to make two. One for my soon to be RGV scanner and one rigged up as a handheld beast.
    I could make the diodes bleed at near 250mW each (so 500mW in total), but I want a decent life out of the rig, so 200mW will do nicely.

BTW: I'm from Warrington as well. Which part are you from exactly?

Dan

not that i wanna be smartassing around here but as far as i know is the PRH803T just around 60mw natively ... even when you run it at 100mw it will be overdriven.

You should really consider getting a 6x bluray diode to run it at higher mw levels near 200mw ish which is the GGW-H20L.
    If you are looking for some nice deals have a look on laserpointerforums.com
    in the group buy or buy sell trade section.
    You should be able to shoot one of them diodes for around 50$ or less.

-Poco

Sorry Poco,
    I didn't make myself clear. I was talking about the GGW-H20L, NOT the PHR-803T. That WOULD die at those powers.
    You can quite easily get a good 200mW from a 6x diode.
    I have a 6x sled and a couple of 803's on my desk right now!

Ta,
    Dan

Default re

i didnt realise this as 405 is new to me. i have read on other threads that it is ok to run at 100mw as they sell it as 150mw which i know is well over run. where am i able to get one of these other diodes?

cheers ollie
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Sorry Poco,
    I didn't make myself clear. I was talking about the GGW-H20L, NOT the PHR-803T. That WOULD die at those powers.
    You can quite easily get a good 200mW from a 6x diode.
    I have a 6x sled and a couple of 803's on my desk right now!

Ta,
    Dan
    What are you running the 6x diodes at to get 200mW?

About 220mA, but a lot of 405 is lost behind the lens. I'm waiting on some possible single element glass lenses coated specifically for 405nm. However, at the mo, a simple acrylic lens give the lowest losses. But with the tailored lens in future, with the same current, I reckon it would touch 250mW.

Dan