Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Stan_Ham diode driver (analog)

Quote Originally Posted by virushunterz View Post
    Hello. i'm Michael . and i what to ask you some important Questions ?
    Ok first i build that driver (it's complete). so i plug to the diode connection a L.E.D. and nonthing happen. you know what just please explain me how to connect everything and some specs about the driver:
    Modulation speed
    mA Range
    Voltage ?

Please Help me i really need that DriverAttachment 37932Attachment 37933
    Ok. i'm sitting on this driver. and i got some stuff.
    i plug my LPC-826 Diode it's burned (dameged but still light) and i kind of figured out something. ok tell me if i wrong ?. the ''IDLE" Pot it's for the current. and the "MAIN" it's for the modulation ?
    and how do i connect Multimeter to the monitor right There is "Monitor" and "Monitor1"?... if it like "+" to the "monitor/1" and "-" to the "-". or "+" to the "Monitor" and "-" to the "Monitor1"?
    Please sorry for the noobest :/ i really appreciated your work. and i what to know how it's work's. i need it for my DIY scanner.
    Thank's.

Hey all,
    I know it's been a while since the last post, but I need a lil bit of help with the printed schematic which will be etched..
    If I print it as is, and drill holes on the respective pads, some of the components do not fit properly. for the IC for example, the distance between the pins is not right. Does anybody have the original files design files?

Assuming the layout you have is correct maybe measure the distance between the pad centres on the chip as printed - there should be 0.1 (2.54mm) between centres. From what you measure and what you know they should be you will be able to work out the error in the print. Try re-printing with a % scale adjustment which you can check on a plain paper print before etching.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Assuming the layout you have is correct maybe measure the distance between the pad centres on the chip as printed - there should be 0.1 (2.54mm) between centres. From what you measure and what you know they should be you will be able to work out the error in the print. Try re-printing with a % scale adjustment which you can check on a plain paper print before etching.

Rob
    Thanks. I did try using this back in 2011 but something did not work the way it should have. Can you tell me really quick, is it ok to use a +12 V to power the board, or does it have to differential , +-6V ?

If you read back at the top of this page there is a discussion about that
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

anyone ever come up with a soft-start or idle beam suppression for this?

Funny I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in some pcbs for this, maybe even a kit with those mods applied.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Funny I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in some pcbs for this, maybe even a kit with those mods applied.
    Rob
    So, is it happening? Would be definitely interested in 2-3 bare pcbs...

I've been looking into what would be required to add on stuff like that to this driver, was prototyping some mods but wasn't sure if this was an "open" project or not

If there is some interest I will do it. PCBS would be proper pro ones with resist and silk screen but are gonna take a a couple of weeks to get them made. Will take no time to design the PCB but I will need to do the other bits soft start 'n BS - but they are easy to sort.
    Could have some for just into the new year perhaps....whos interested?

Rob