Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: removed folder

Quote Originally Posted by oliverst14@hotmail.com View Post
    but what the hell wont bother anymore

oli
    Thats the spirit...... the new Pl mentality... F#CK it all
    Just lets go out and flame eachothers assses and make drama.
    Lately it seems the order of the day here on PL.

Oli do'nt be pissed like that.
    Your intentions where great... and i personally apreciate it.
    but it seems that the content was in line with the disclaimer of the server.

you must understand that Inge (cruch) runs that FTP on his connection and could be in alot of trouble if people put stuff on the server thats against copyrights etc.

Just apreciate the FTP for what it is.

Default re

true mate. its not that it was removed its the way people speak to each other on here. iv always been helpful if i can be and very polite to everyone on here. then this happens and i get people being what appears to me to be very arsey and having a go and a jib at me. i am trying to deal with it with the person.

i even put on the post if its not allowed i will remove it. i just think the way some people speak to each other is very rude.

if i have misunderstood what was said and the way it was said i apologise and i dont want to come across as being an idiot. i dont want to make this a big thing i just get a bit frustrated sometimes.

its happened on other forums and i left them but this is the first time iv felt this kind of thing on here

as i said im sorry if i had missread the situation

cheers ollie
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

i just get a bit frustrated sometimes.
    We all get, sometimes....
    It's just the recent "negative" vibe on the forum we all must pull through so we can get back to the good times...

so was the whole folder removed or just the copyrighted material. hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    so was the whole folder removed or just the copyrighted material. hmmm?
    I can't no trace of the folder or any content that was in it.
    Stangely.. i can't the folder on my harddrive...not with the name Ishow

true mate. its not that it was removed its the way people speak to each other on here. iv always been helpful if i can be and very polite to everyone on here. then this happens and i get people being what appears to me to be very arsey and having a go and a jib at me. i am trying to deal with it with the person.

i even put on the post if its not allowed i will remove it. i just think the way some people speak to each other is very rude.

if i have misunderstood what was said and the way it was said i apologise and i dont want to come across as being an idiot. i dont want to make this a big thing i just get a bit frustrated sometimes.

its happened on other forums and i left them but this is the first time iv felt this kind of thing on here

as i said im sorry if i had missread the situation

cheers ollie
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr
    I like the MLK quote, Jeremy. It is along the same lines as what I've been preaching lately in a few other threads; namely that silence = consent.

I agree that there has been an overload of drama, rudeness, and general negativity lately. And a lot of this has gone on unchecked by the vast majority of the members. It wasn't always like that, and I don't think it's impossible to get back to the way things were, but it does require more involvement. Peer pressure only works when there is a peer group willing to apply it.

No one seems to know why the Ishow folder was deleted. No one can find a record of it's deletion, which is confusing to say the least. I can thus understand Ollie's frustration, and I sympathize with him.

However, -bart- has a valid point. If those files were copyrighted (and it appears obvious that they were), then they had no business being on the FTP server. While Ollie's intentions may have been noble, it *is* against the terms of the FTP server to upload copyrighted files. I'm not calling you out, Ollie. Evidently Ishow did not label the files as copyrighted, and you can't be expected to know the origin of every ILDA file ever created.

Ollie, I don't think anyone is upset with you. I know people appreciate it when others upload stuff to the FTP server. And yes, very few people upload, but a lot of people download. That's a fact of life for *every* FTP server. So uploaders are to be praised for their effort.

In this case, I believe -bart- was simply trying to protect the FTP server from legal action. After all, if cruch gets sued for having copyrighted files, we *all* loose the FTP server. OK, he may have had some of his own work in there as well, so it's understandable that he might be upset about that. But the goal is to keep the FTP server free of copyrighted material so that everyone can continue to enjoy the server.

It's not that you set out to rip anyone off, Ollie. I don't think anyone believes that. In fact, you stated that if the files were copyrighted, you'd take them down. I think the fault lies more with Ishow. It would have been most helpful if Ishow had included a disclaimer stating that the files were not to be distributed. However, if -bart- is correct and some of the files were in fact stolen, then it's likely they wouldn't care about copyright in the first place.

That doesn't make it OK for us to continue spreading the stolen files, however, so it's probably a good thing that they were taken off-line.

The larger question is, why is there no record of them being taking off-line? I hope Cruch can answer that question, because if not, then maybe we've got security problems with the FTP server again...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    The larger question is, why is there no record of them being taking off-line? I hope Cruch can answer that question, because if not, then maybe we've got security problems with the FTP server again...

Adam
    ITS almost impossible that there are security problems.

I do clean up the server from time to time... deleting empty folders and test files.

Maybe i made a mistake when cleaning/organising the content????
    I cant find the folder on my backup drive... thats even more strange.

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    Well, it might not be obvious to you, but the content uploaded by you was teeming with pangolin intellectual property. Ishow probably didn't add a disclaimer for this content, because they stole it themselves.

It even contains files created by me, and spread among other enthusiasts.
    And I certainly did not give ishow permission to make money of it.
    i didnt know pangolin made shows?

i thought most of the shows that come with the software were made by 3rd parties either for pangolin or were allowed to be distributed with pangolin

anyway, just modify them slightly and bam, no longer an IP issue lol

Talking Backyard Lawyers

back yard lawyers in this forum ar starting to shit me to tears talking about copyright laws and how we are all breaking them.BULL SHIT
    GROW UP OR SHUT DOWN THE FTP SERVER because YOU FULL OF SHIT.
    everything in the ftp server is breaking copyright laws there is 12 dozern Disney pictures in there and there copyright 100 animations from warner Brothers that is in breach so dont bull crap me about copyright. Its getting very old. Most images is realy taken of gif files anyway.
    All the music is copyright also.
    Think about it.....