Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: removed folder

Default Backyard Lawyers

see how long this message stayes on lololol

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by tony220171 View Post
    ..everything in the ftp server is breaking copyright laws
    Utter Tosh !
    Shows I have created/converted are not breaking any laws and are provided for the enjoyment of all members with the appropriate hardware to run them.
    The FTP server is a useful part of this forum and if used responsibly will continue to be so.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Utter Tosh !
    Shows I have created/converted are not breaking any laws and are provided for the enjoyment of all members with the appropriate hardware to run them.
    The FTP server is a useful part of this forum and if used responsibly will continue to be so.
    Is there music with the shows????

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

The phrase "Biting the hand that feeds it" springs to mind.

why is "everybody" out on war lately???

Are there more kiddies on the forum.. or just frustrated people????
    Come on... we are all in it for the hobby/passion.

Talking LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    why is "everybody" out on war lately???

Are there more kiddies on the forum.. or just frustrated people????
    Come on... we are all in it for the hobby/passion.
    Im sexualy frustrated!! Does that count???

Quote Originally Posted by tony220171 View Post
    Im sexualy frustrated!! Does that count???
    Join the club..... :-)

Thumbs down Give it a rest, Tony

Hey Tony220171!

If you're so frustrated with the FTP server, instead of screaming to all of us about how we're so full of sh*t, why don't you put your money where your mouth is? START RUNNING YOUR OWN FTP SERVER!

Then you can control whatever content is allowed to be on there. And you'll also take responsibility for anyone that comes calling when they find out you've got their copyrighted material hosted on *YOUR* server.

Oh, what's that? You say you don't have the time, desire, or resources to set up and maintain an FTP server yourself? OK then, SHUT UP ALREADY!

It is a big job to maintain an FTP server properly. And yes, copyrighted stuff gets uploaded all the time. When Cruch or Anthony find out, they delete it. Have they missed some files? Probably. No one is perfect.

But that doesn't give you an excuse to argue that we should allow even more copyrighted material to be uploaded! (Haven't you ever heard that two wrongs don't make a right? Sheesh!) Sooner or later, the owners of said copyrighted material will come calling, and the FTP server will be shut down for good. Now, is that what you want? Because it's not what anyone else wants...

Seriously dude - shut up already. You sound like a spoiled child. If you can't handle the way the FTP server is being run, then set up your own server and see how many people use it. But don't you dare try to tell someone else how to run their own server, especially when they're doing it for the good of the community for FREE.

Jerk!

Adam

Default re

i dont agree with all of what tony said but i do agree with some of tonys comments. there is alot of content on the server that contains heavily copyrighted stuff by companies. i got a picture of sonic off there and im sure that will be copyrighted.
    i dont agree with everything buffo said but i think alot of what he said is correct. i dont want to see the server go and they aint perfect so cant find every copyrighted material. but i dont think telling him to shut up helps things as were all in it for the love of lasers so can we all try and get along
    copy righting aside cause i think its all getting a bit out of hand, a simple explanation of why it was deleted would sort everything out cause then anyone who has had something deleted doesnt feel singled out.
    when my folder got deleted i didnt care about the folder itself i just would have liked an explanation or maybe even a message asking me to remove it.
    that way i would have known why it was removed and it wouldnt have bothered me.

i think tony has had a very similar thing happen to him when a file he created kept getting deleted and without an explanation it starts to annoy people

cheers ollie
    Last edited by oliverst14@hotmail.com; 01-28-2009 at 08:56.
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Quote Originally Posted by oliverst14@hotmail.com View Post
    or maybe even a message asking me to remove it.
    You cant remove files yourself... people mis-used that privilege so Cruch removed that option.

Ollies folders is still a mistery...
    Some times things happen......
    Its a home run FTP server.
    Not a 10K dollar redundant cluster server with super management software.

Maybe all PL users should put down 50dollars per user every year for this option.

naaaah i don't think so.

i think tony has had a very similar thing happen to him when a file he created kept getting deleted and without an explanation it starts to annoy people

cheers ollie
    Ollie don't think of this as a personal attack....(i'm just taking you qout as an example and i know we are good)

Maybe the peple shoul be thinking how annoying it is.. that someone puts up a server FREE OF CHARGE with all the risks of running the ting...
    And people screeming and complaining.....
    It takes money... efford...time.... and agin.. the risks!!!!

a comment like:
    BULL SHIT
    GROW UP OR SHUT DOWN THE FTP SERVER because YOU FULL OF SHIT.
    Isn't motivating for the people involved with the FTP server.
    Lets hope that cruch doesn't take comments like this to heavy and pulls the plug.
    Lets see how many people whould we unhappy about that.

Lets all THINK before opening our PIEHOLE'S and blabber bigwords on a internet forum.