Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: removed folder

Just a few comments here guys.

I am not sure what happened with the specific iShow stuff mentioned. But since "Pangolin" was mentioned in this thread, I do want to add some clarity to this thread.

The first point is that Pangolin has, on occasion made shows. We have also contracted with specific third parties (for example, Singularity Arts) to make shows specifically for distribution with our software. So that's an answer to one question that was brought up in this thread, but in reality these facts have nothing to do with iShow or anything else in this thread.

Regarding the general nature of this thread, and without getting too deep into the details, lets just say that I am aware of certain transgressions by certain companies – including iShow and also iTop (which is what iShow used to be called) with regard to what may be included with this software. As I further understand it, there is a big hammer about to be dropped on this, and also on individuals and companies illegally distributing cracked MAMBA and cracked Phoenix as well. None of this has to do with Pangolin, but I am aware of certain IP activities in this industry, so I can comment intelligently on it.

But lets take a step back for a moment and take a broader view of this topic. As I understand it, the nature of the FTP site is such that nothing should be uploaded that infringes intellectual property. In fact, there is a text file up that that says something to that effect. Moreover, I would take it (and life) a step further. Don't upload, copy, or trade anything that you yourself do not have the copyright, or permission of the copyright holder to be uploading, copying or trading.

For clarity, lets discuss the word "copyright". "Copyright" means "the right to copy and reproduce". So, for example, whenever uploading something to the server -- ask yourself the question "do I myself have the right to copy and reproduce this"? If the answer is no, then, as far as I am concerned, you have no business uploading it...

ILDA has an official policy on this, which can be seen here:
    http://www.laserist.org/intellectual-property.htm

The Software Publishing Association and other professional anti-piracy organizations will soon also be involved in the enforcement of these matters, and trust me, these people do not mess around. The smartest thing to do is to steer clear of pirated things, and also those distributing pirated things.

Bill

Thanks Bill,

That is one of the clearest statements I have ever read concerning "copyright" material and if anyone cannot understand that and act accordingly then they deserve all that is coming to them.

Onge (André)
    350mW RGB, 180mW RGY Moving Head, 180mW RGY, 10mW Green, 5mw Green, 4x5mW Red
    Mamba Black 1.96 and MediaLas USB DAC, DMX SD DAC
    Just Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute