Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM venue search continues

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    We won't qualify... we are not important people.
    LOL i think we could take it over

i can ask and find out, and if someone has a bar-tenders licence we can have alcohol lol

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    if someone has a bar-tenders licence we can have alcohol lol
    Almost a reason to take the $500 course...

Smile

Hey Frank;

Main problem with the planetarium is that I seriously doubt they would shut down on a Saturday just for us. I mean, surely they have shows for the public running in the dome on Saturdays, right? Are they really willing to let us have free-run of the entire facility from 9 AM until Midnight?

Aaron: Yeah, Miami would be a long drive for most of us, but if it's all we've got, then it's all we've got. I figure we have about 3 more weeks to search for a venue before we need to nail one down. Let me know what the auction house says. Also, what about the place with the high ceilings you were talking about yesterday? (Forget the name of the place at the moment, but it was in Mount Dora...)

Adam

hey flecom

is that rabid hamster??
    if so the stand alone is much better i use it all the time as on source input to my video mixer

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Hey Frank;

Main problem with the planetarium is that I seriously doubt they would shut down on a Saturday just for us. I mean, surely they have shows for the public running in the dome on Saturdays, right? Are they really willing to let us have free-run of the entire facility from 9 AM until Midnight?

Aaron: Yeah, Miami would be a long drive for most of us, but if it's all we've got, then it's all we've got. I figure we have about 3 more weeks to search for a venue before we need to nail one down. Let me know what the auction house says. Also, what about the place with the high ceilings you were talking about yesterday? (Forget the name of the place at the moment, but it was in Mount Dora...)

Adam
    well, like i said there is a large attached room that we could probably use exclusively, and they do a few star shows in the afternoon and thats pretty much it... they only do lasershows the first friday of the month... let me ask and see what they say

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    hey flecom

is that rabid hamster??
    if so the stand alone is much better i use it all the time as on source input to my video mixer
    yes, i did use the standalone app, its pretty awesome

i had a machine up on the dome with 3x 8800GTX's connected to 3x NEC LCD projectors setup to make a 3072x768 image... and then controlled it from my touch screen tablet (ibm x61, can use the pen or your finger )

it was pretty awesome

Cool

How big is that attached room, Frank?

Adam

what i have done in the past is used my laptop with the matrox dh2go to do a 2048 x 768 then controlled via wifi from my touch screen pda (ipaq)

but the thing i love most about this software is that since it renders in real time it scales very smoothly to dual and tripple head applications

--
    John
    VJ AIWAZ

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    wow.. that just remindes me.. imaging calling one of the "SPACE FOR RENT' signs and say that you want need a building for a get together and would pay the 100$ for 1 day as long as it was the correct place..

bet if you called a few someone would be like.. 100$ for 1 day and i have to do nothing at all.. hell yeah..

those spaces are just sitting there doing nothing..
    Not to burst the bubble on this one or anything, but my only fear with these warehouse types is the availability of power... don't they disconnect the power? It's a hassle in itself to get power back up, let alone for one day...

I'll start calling some places around here as well

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

I'm running into dead ends up here. Cheapest I've found so far is $50 an hour, the most expensive was about $2600 for a day. I've got about 3 more places on my list I want to try, but so far no luck. I can't imagine how FLEM could ever have gotten started if it weren't for Clandestiny...

Smile

Got a line on a possible venue for FLEM... Looking at renting the meeting hall for the Triangle Boat Club. It's in Tavares, which is north of Orlando (about 45 min from the old venue we used to use). It's located just off 441 at the dead river bridge.

It's plenty large enough, and they have a full kitchen and plenty of tables and chairs. It's more or less isolated, so we can be loud if we want. Trouble is, we've got windows to deal with. Not sure how easy it will be to cover them.

My Mom is checking into the place for me, and should have an answer in a day or so. If it works out, we're golden. If not, well, we may have to go with the hotel conference room. (I'd rather not use the hotel conference room though, because of the noise limits and the small size.)

Details to follow soon!

Adam