Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: FLEM venue search continues

Thumbs up

Hey J -

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    2 Times the new 2W RGB polarized and combined, or the 'old' BIG 4W unit? Have seen the 2x2W combi and it's HOT (well.. quite cold, but the beams look really HOT
    Well, uh, it is the 'newer' L-4000 - the 'liquid-cooled' one, but not anything 'newer' than that... the 2x2 sounds really cool, though... how is convergence-management, though??

Oh, don't forget to cut holes for laser aperture in the truck, saves you some (expensive) lasertime
    Heh - no sweat!!

RE: I *LOVE IT* when a plan comes together!
    Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    OK - It's official! We've got the venue for Saturday, March 21st
    DUDE! You ROCK!! Just got our 19th-Client's bux today, so I'll be there with end-bells on!! (Marc is yet 'TBD', but he again assured that he really WANTS to try... but it will-be family-first... )

Since our 'gig' is on the 19th, we'll have all-day on the 20th to make the arduous drive up from Ft. Laudie, so, plenty of time to help go buy Guinness-n-stuff - Seriously, we should chat live to see what we can bring that will be of help... ie: we'll have a 10' x 10' 'Skeeta' scrim (of course...) but we can also bring our 12' x 18', if you want a 'larger field' for multi-projector shows (who cares if it bunches-up on the floor - 18' would make for a niiice 'widescreen'... Can also bring a 19' x 19' black sharkstooth, and a 20' x 20' white muslin screen, if it will be more practical to do FP, in-there... again, let's chat...

We might also-have a giant-roll of black 'visquine' (heavy-black plastic) like, ~4' x 50-ish' roll, but I gotta check... I seem-to remember that it might have gotten left at a gig... So, will advise...

Anyhoo, I am just-now seeing your PM, Adam, so I'll get to-it, and I'm really stoked to meet you guys and that we'll get to 'blase-it-up'
    a bit!

...Where's that 'Woo-Hoo!!' chorus from Blur when you need it?!

ciao...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Talking

.... don't forget to cut holes for laser aperture in the truck ...
    Loosk like Corporal Jones (from Dad's Army) was way ahead of his time !

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Loosk like Corporal Jones...was way ahead of his time !
    ...no doubt!!

cheers...
    j
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hehehe.jpg  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Smile

Aaron;

My Mom has a key to the place. She said that she'd be willing to meet you there and let you in so you could take some pictures of the interior. Maybe sometime this weekend or early next week? Give me a call and we'll work it out.

Jon;

I'll give you a call soon and we can chat about this. I *think* the venue only has 8 ft ceilings. I'd love to have a front-projection screen though. Any chance of bringing one that is less than 20 ft tall? (Don't want to bunch that one up on the floor and get it dirty!) Will try to call you after I get off work this afternoon.

Adam

Thumbs up

Very cool guys!

GENTLEMEN-

yes, some pretty crappy shit goin on here at my end. i appreciate IMMENSELY the hearfelt thoughts and PM's i have gotten. so, for that i thank all of you.

now to this. . . .

adam, i will try to give ya a call today. (saturday). i SOOO want to get down to FLA for this. and i def wanna work this show with brotha jon. but things with myself are literally minute by minute right now with my family.

so i cant commit to anything right now. i would say within a week or 2 i should have a better idea. unfortunately, if i DO have a definitive answer in a week or 2 that prob means bad results with my brother and/or my pops.

but adam, as i am sure you have heard a zillion times, THANK YOU for all of your hard work! you really are quite an asset here. i REALLY appreciated your message the other night too. it was a REAL shitty day and the message was greatly appreciated! thanks man!

MAN!!! I NEED A BEER!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Smile

Hey Marc;

Yeah, I know you must be going through a lot these days. One family member is hard enough, but with two - well, that's an awful lot to deal with. Hang in there, pal...

Jon is confirmed for FLEM, and I'm sure he'd like to have your support for his gig on the 19th as well, but he also knows your situation. If you can make it, that would be awesome! But family comes first dude, and we *all* understand that.

Don't worry about confirming yourself for FLEM. If you can make it - even if it ends up being a last minute decision, that's cool. Likewise, if you decide to go and something comes up right before the event, don't sweat it if you have to cancel. FLEM's are always fairly informal events anyways!

If you *can* make it, we'll definitely have to sit down over a couple beers and catch up on things though. And if you can't make it in March, maybe we can work something out later in spring. Stay in touch and we'll make it happen. Hope you're maintaining your sanity through all this!

Adam