Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: club lighting

Default re

iv now got 3 mirical leds and they are pretty bright. iv also just bought 4 abstract scanners and 4 martin scanners and there pretty good. we have recently acquired a full club setup of 6 crown (c audio) amps and 3 macgregor amps. a set of jbl speakers and some other small scale lighting equipment including strobes and stepper motor lasers and uv cannons. the best thing in the setup was a set of 6 lightwave scanners that iv never heard of but boy are they good.

there 7 channel seperate shutter seperate gobo colour wheel and have dimmers in them. very impressed but they are really big which is a problem for mobile djs.
    planning on buying some coef performance 250s (7 of them) next week for £1200

look like good scanners

cheers ollie

by the way taz get on barnrave.com and have a look at some more of the pictures. were in warrington and barn rave is always around july. get on it and ill give you free tickets if you bring that 500mw rgb
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

I've just got into DMX and lighting etc. Did a smallish party for my stepsisters 16th got a vid here:

http://www.edsworld.co.uk/edslights.wmv

Spent a small fortune on PA, lights etc in the last year - and now an entry level 200mw laser. I love it all its so cool haha

Default re

nice setup there. got a list of what was used and what you have?
    just one thing. why are there 3 scanners on there and not 4? has a bulb gone on one. i hate bulbs dieing on me

cheers ollie
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    3 watt rgb .

One stopped responding I don't know why. I tested it for hours later and it was fine.

Its a fairly basic setup and lights consists of:
    4x soundlab colour scan
    2x Mojo spinmaster III
    2x nrg 200mw RGY laser
    1x 1500w strobe
    4x Acme DMX LED Par 56 cans (not on video as they arrived a few days after)
    all on a 3m truss/goalpost stand.
    controlled by a velleman USB>dmx controller on a dedicated PC running freestyler (also acts as an audio backup)

For PA I have:
    Hercules RMX dj console,
    Soundcraft sprit ES mixing desk (I do RSL broadcasts as well you see)
    Pair (soon to get another) of Behringer EP2400 amps
    running a pair of Behringer B1520Pro tops with a pair of turbosound cabs each with two 18inch PD drivers built to a custom spec (again only just got these, I hope to get a pair of EV x-array tops to go with them too.)

Its a cost concious system but is _very very_ effective.
    Again PC supplies the main audio source and acts as a backup should the lighting PC fail - they are both mirrored.

Default re

nice and very effective setup. similar to what i dj with at medium sized functions. i thought they were spin masters, were they maplin bought? seen them setup in there a few times and liked the look of them.

looks really good mate, i use freestyler and vellerman also. good combo as they work great together.
    hows the nrg laser? they use the same case as most of my lasers and i love them, mine aint nrg but very similar 200mw 532 greenies.

cheers ollie
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    3 watt rgb .

The subs I now have are part of a system a friend of mine is beginning to sell off - Its a 40Kw system and we were heard 5 miles away from an outside venue in 2002 haha!!

I normally us the PA part of the system for firework shows when I do them with music, but any excuse to get it out is a good one as it doesnt get used nearly enough.

I can't knock the velleman kit. I got it from CPC for a pretty fair price and it arrived within 24hrs.

The spinmasters were from maplin. Although I would like to change them to something a bit better. Although the physical case quality of the soundlab colour scans is worse, they are absoutely unbeleviable value (pair for £130+ shipping inc flight case and cables) - ebay absoutely crazy value for money.

The NRG laser seems just fine. I really dont know much about laser systems to be honest. Im new here as you can tell so have nothing else to compare it with. I would like a more powerful one however and was thinking if building one myself over the summer.

Ed

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I can speak highly of the USB Velleman, I have one for doing diagnostics in the field and its been well worth the 70$.

Steve

Default re

yes i think its a quality bit of hardware for the price, i love it

not as much as pangolin though

cheers ollie
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    3 watt rgb .

Quote Originally Posted by oliverst14@hotmail.com View Post
    got some pictures from an event we put on. got all sorts of pictures of the setup including shots of the dmx lighting and lasers

cheers ollie
    You got that lighting rig certified? Because something tells me a puzzled together set of scaffold poles was never designed to hold things like this in place... H&S will have a field day if that were to come crashing.

Get some trussing and a pair of wind-ups, given your set of lighting I guess you can afford them. It'll save you a lot of trouble, and builds up quicker.

Back to the subject, for my own roadshow DJ gigs, I have a set of Chauvet Colorstrips which are really useful as wall washers or as strobes when they're hung down from a truss.

I'm also really curious as to how the Showtec Sunstrip LED's will perform.

Currently, I tend to stick to oldschool PAR's for the most part:

I used the Colorstrips at the front here as this was supposed to be a stage for a costume competition, but nobody seemed to notice there was a 'catwalk' (6 by 6 feet of stage sticking out) for the costumers...

im in love with LED lighting now.

here is my LED panels running last night properly for the 1st time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yK4p33svmk

1.5W RGB internal FB3 scanpro 30's
    500mW RGB scanpro 20's
    300mW 532nM scanpro 20's
    600mW RG 4 head

Livepro + FB3XE