Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: club lighting

Default club lighting

just a thread for anyone interested in dmx lighting of any sorts.

At the moment im interested in led lighting as it seems to be improving incredably quickly.
    anyone got any expirience and reviews as im staying clear until i am overly confident its as good as halogen light source.

soon im going to be setting all my dmx gear up including a few lasers and creating a light and laser show to a particular song. any song requests? one with slow and fast parts to the song is always a good choice with a good strong beat. i like human by the killers but unsure it will make a good show

cheers ollie
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Hi,

I'm in a similar vein to you...

Have had a look at LED lighting in person it seems to be pretty effective and does the job. Much cooler and less power usage also. You can strobe in any colour with the right gear. I'm setting up distributorship for a particular brand of LED lighting so as I carry more stuff in the future I can put up videos and show you what it's like.

I'd say go for it but keep in mind that most chinese LED stuff (as with lasers) has a vastly varying quality of construction. Look for ones that have individually replaceable LEDs and solid build quality.

I agree, I have 2 LED pars and I love em!

They arent even the best of quality and they still rock. I think the only thing LED needs to improve on is its brightness for things like moving heads/scanners, and the UV LED's for blacklights dont seen as effective as a HID bulb or fluorescent ones.

I only have 2-4 DMX fixtures ATM, tho as always, I am expanding my gear slowly (I don't have a job yet, so big money is hard to come by right now )

I think in a couple more years LED's in lighting will improve greatly, right now I dont think its _Just_ there yet.
    There will of course be some things that would have to stay non-LED (And some people prefer the incandescent par's output), but I would imagine alot of the stuff would move up to LED. I believe it would actually be cheaper to embed a RGB LED into a fixture theen to bother adding a colour wheel.

A high power LED PWM driver is in my list of to do things
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    A high power LED PWM driver is in my list of to do things
    If you could get one that drives star LED's and runs on DMX I may be interested, making some LED pars wouldn't be too hard

The intention is to try to make the board as open to different uses as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    If you could get one that drives star LED's and runs on DMX I may be interested, making some LED pars wouldn't be too hard
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Since this subject came up -

I've got 4 Chauvet Colorspot Jr. LED PAR's I would like to use with some of my home-brew laser shows. I'm generally going to be working in fairly confined areas (i.e. my garage).

Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to incorporate these LED PAR cans to enhance a laser display? I'm open to suggestions on aiming ideas, using filters, etc.. or anything else that might be helpful. Since I'm running my laser rig, I'll generally have plenty of "smoke" available.

Thanks!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Typically pars are used as wash lighting, ie, lighting up the crowd etc. You can use them for up lighting, which is fairly effective, and may be nicer than blasting everyone with them.

I think if the lasershow was a slow, fading, gradient one etc, I would set them up to do some smooth colour fading, or if it was a quick and flashy show, have them doing some chases. Also try and get contrasting colours, if you have alot of smoke, and set everything on green, your green laser will be more washed out than if you were to use, say, red on the pars.

Just my opinion, i'm sure alot more people would have some more idea's for ya

Cool - I especially like the idea of "up lighting" with the distances I'll generally have to work with.

Thanks - I appreciate any and all ideas from anyone who has already done this a time or two!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Hmmm... Thread has no pics yet...

Sorry guys, can't resist showing you this extreme display of LED Luverlyness

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0063Daft Punk 3.jpg  

0064Daft Punk.jpg  

0067Daft Punk 5.jpg  

0068Daft Punk 10.jpg  

0069Daft Punk 6.jpg  

0070Daft Punk 8.jpg  

0072Daft Punk 9.jpg  

0073Daft Punk 12.jpg  

0074 Daft Punk 13.jpg