Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Thermotek Chillers Exposed! (TEC Question)

Quote Originally Posted by Lasernerd View Post
    curious,,have you been able to get the actual voltages to the TEC's?
    Well, during the test video, the PS did peak at around 40V at one point. I'd need an AC ohmmeter to get the correct impedance reading in order to calculate the exact maximum voltage output of the power supply. If I had to guess, I'd say the PS does 48V max. I may be wrong though. I'll see if I can figure out the proper way to test this in the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasernerd View Post
    It is how many degrees in a set amount of time to get to the set temp.
    60c it will get there fast,5c it will take some time to get to the temp
    Ah! thanks a lot for the info.

Hi Guys,

We also bought one of these ThermoTek chillers from the same seller, but we were not so lucky. It looks like some CPU has been forcibly removed from the main board, breaking the socket off the board. Then the chiller was resealed with "warranty void if removed" stickers over the screws! Needless to say, the chiller doesn't operate without the CPU... Does anybody have a spare main board?

Best regards,

weartronics

You may be able to resolder the chip socket to the board if it didn't pull up any traces. Do you have the chip or is that gone too? You may be SOL and have to buy another chiller. Best part is it may be a cheap $50 fix. I spent $60 just on TEC's and a bunch of time to fix mine.

Also, do you have the quick disconnects for the chiller lines? If not PM me your address and I'll hook you up.

I have no problems repairing the socket, but the CPU is missing. I assume they broke the socket when they pulled the CPU to repair another chiller. Actually, for them to pull the CPU from this one, there must have been some other fault, so a replacement CPU probably wouldn't fix it anyway. Looks like parts at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by weartronics View Post
    I have no problems repairing the socket, but the CPU is missing. I assume they broke the socket when they pulled the CPU to repair another chiller. Actually, for them to pull the CPU from this one, there must have been some other fault, so a replacement CPU probably wouldn't fix it anyway. Looks like parts at this stage.
    I have a programmer but unfortunately not a PLCC adapter. If I did I could clone a microcontroller for you using my chip.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    I have a programmer but unfortunately not a PLCC adapter. If I did I could clone a microcontroller for you using my chip.
    I don't even know what CPU is used (hence what programmer would be required). But if you think you could clone it given this adapter, let me know and I'll buy it and give it to you!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280347308982

Best regards,

weartronics

Quote Originally Posted by weartronics View Post
    I don't even know what CPU is used (hence what programmer would be required). But if you think you could clone it given this adapter, let me know and I'll buy it and give it to you!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280347308982

Best regards,

weartronics
    Let me look into the chip PN, my programmer and shipping to AU and I'll get back to you tomorrow. I'd charge you whatever it costs me. Nothing more.

Good news! my programmer will interface with that PIC using a PLCC44 adapter. Here is the PIC that is in the controller. http://cgi.ebay.com/3-MicroChip-PIC1...lenotsupported

PM me if you want to send me these parts so I can clone one for you. I don't know if this chip is capable of locking it's programming though. I do know some chips can do that.
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 06-06-2009 at 14:54.

Surely if its a PIC it will be code protected???

Quote Originally Posted by madgadget View Post
    Surely if its a PIC it will be code protected???
    That's what I'm afraid of....