Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Mame for LD2000

Default LaserMame.zip

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    I wouldn't go get an Easylase just for this- there is a perfectly good version out there for LD2000, the issue, as stated above, is just tracking down the proper version. We can see if anyone who reads this has a copy handy. The only other issue you will likely encounter is tracking down the roms. Do some searches for 'LazyMame' and you should be able to find the thread where I attached them as a zip file.
    -Mike
    Hi Mikko

Polished ball has sent link fo rthis file and wondered if thsi is the same as you refered to ?

These are the files in the directory

images <dir>
    samples <dir>
    artwork <dir>
    cfg <dir>
    roms <dir>
    midas11.dll
    zlib.dll
    MAME32.hlp
    mame32.exe

If it is nt the correct one does anyone have the correct Zip file?

Ian

That looks like Rob's version, not the one I made. It does look pretty cool- did you try it out? The one I compiled used a DOS front end & had a different feel to it. I actually like Rob's version in that regard. I haven't tried it out with a projector yet myself.
    -Mike

Default Robs LaserMame

That looks like Rob's version, not the one I made. It does look pretty cool- did you try it out? The one I compiled used a DOS front end & had a different feel to it. I actually like Rob's version in that regard. I haven't tried it out with a projector yet myself.
    -Mike
    Hi mikko

Not tried it yet at home, I have tried at work on note book and all works ok! except my lase ris at home.

I will try it out tonite!

I'll let you knwo how I get on.

Thanks for replying.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    Hi mikko

Not tried it yet at home, I have tried at work on note book and all works ok! except my lase ris at home.

I will try it out tonite!

I'll let you knwo how I get on.

Thanks for replying.

Ian
    Should work out fine for you, I shot this video of it just a couple days back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93gOixOWyoQ camera didn;t like it but you get the point.

If that doesn't happen I will be happy to track down the right copies- I just need to wait until I have access to my stuff again.

Thanks, Mike

Would love to try your LD2000 "Lazy" version when you have time to locate it.

Thanks

John

Default LD2000 and Mame

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post

Thanks

John
    Thanks to everyone (Mike, John, Pinball) with the help on this. All worked after a few tweeks on the graphics card settings.
    Had it working for 5 mins then I did something stupid and blew my scanner/driver up :-(

Don't know why others had such an issue witht he setup, it was quite easy!

Going to be testing again tonite, think it's a fuse, hope it's a fuse!! otherwise I need two new scanners and drivers from Cambridge :-( ouch!!

Ian

Default Thanks everyone including Mikko

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    Thanks to everyone (Mike, John, Pinball) with the help on this. All worked after a few tweeks on the graphics card settings.
    Had it working for 5 mins then I did something stupid and blew my scanner/driver up :-(

Don't know why others had such an issue witht he setup, it was quite easy!

Going to be testing again tonite, think it's a fuse, hope it's a fuse!! otherwise I need two new scanners and drivers from Cambridge :-( ouch!!

Ian
    An of course Mikko :-)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    I'm sure you'll be able to snag a copy of it (and other cool utilities) at SELEM.

Adam

Default Great :-) but what is SELEM?

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I'm sure you'll be able to snag a copy of it (and other cool utilities) at SELEM.

Adam
    Also does anyone have any other Vector based games for Mame or is what comes with LaserMame all there is?

Smile

This is SELEM.

However, my reply was aimed at polishedball, who lives here in the US and is already registered for SELEM.

Since you are in Europe, attending SELEM might prove to be a bit more difficult for you. Thus, you may want to look into the next UKLEM instead, which will probably be a lot closer for you. See the meet and greet sub-forum for details.

Adam