Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: FLEM is *on* for Saturday, March 21st 2009 at 10 AM

I don't think i could have picked a better "first time". I had an outstanding time. Even better than that. I don't talk a whole alot, so it's okay to be speechless, i guess.

Yeah Randy, I'm hooked. My better half tried to watch some of the live broadcast, and eventhough it wasn't all that....I think she'll be along for the ride next time. Something tells me i will build the stuff and she'll run it.

I really appreciate, more than anything, the feeling of friendship and camaraderie --like we known each other for years-- from everyone. That just plain ol' kicked ass.

AND

I learned one Very Important thing:

If the cops ever come........

I know what name to give.

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    AND

I learned one Very Important thing:

If the cops ever come........

I know what name to give.
    Yep, you fit in just fine with this crazy bunch....

RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Wow, I am sorry I missed it guys. It is the first FLEM I have missed but I has the flu and felt pretty shitty. Glad everyone had a great time. Well i am back to work now and I am in Seattle this week dealing with cold and rain. Hope to see everyone at the next FLEM.

Fred
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    Wow, I am sorry I missed it guys. It is the first FLEM I have missed but I has the flu and felt pretty shitty. Glad everyone had a great time. Well i am back to work now and I am in Seattle this week dealing with cold and rain. Hope to see everyone at the next FLEM.

Fred
    You and Dee were definatly missed; as was Steve, Hayden, Paul, Marc... Justin and Drew. I want to see how the Kvant compares to your 1W projector. We may have to have a FLEM 5.5 since you missed this one.

I AM SOOOO PISSED

This seemed like a great event. i wish i coulda been there!!!

cant wait for some video and DVD's of it! Its amazing how amanda (OSLS) Pat (ILDA) Bill (pangolin) and some of the other "Professionals" in the laser field to find time in their busy schedules to come hang out and educate a bunch of laser hobbyists and even beginer pros. (im not using the term "pro" to describe anyones skill!! i want thatunderstood!! "Pro" refering to laser "Business'" )

im glad everyone had a great time!! everyone still have their eye sight? everyone still hearing ok? i hear that the sound system was STUPID loud!! LOL. im going to england in july. think its going to be time for me to meet up with some of our "across the pond" PL brothas!! Rob- clean out a room for me!! garage floor is fine!!

-Marc

Aaron-
    dichro kit is shippin in the morning!! not that you need them with that GORGEOUS kvant though!
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    ... im going to england in july. think its going to be time for me to meet up with some of our "across the pond" PL brothas!! Rob- clean out a room for me!! garage floor is fine!!
    Hey Marc

Let us know the dates you're coming over and which airport / area you'll be staying and i'm sure we could organise a 'little' persoanl LEM

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    You and Dee were definatly missed; as was Steve, Hayden, Paul, Marc... Justin and Drew. I want to see how the Kvant compares to your 1W projector. We may have to have a FLEM 5.5 since you missed this one.

Sounds good!
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

where are the videos??
    Last edited by Lasernerd; 03-24-2009 at 19:10.

Lightbulb

I got an hour or so of DZ's Echos and a few other graphic shows by Mike Dunn, but that was about it. I am encoding it as I type this and will upload it to the FTP and will also send an AVI to 300Evil to mix with his footage. Actually I think he is still in the area all week; I might be able to get it to him in person.

The layout we had going was not complimentive of beam shows in my opinion; we were a bit close to the wall. Setting up long ways may have caused a congestion of projectors, but in hind sight, we may need to try it that way next time and stack projectors. A longer throw would have been nice. Or just go across the river...

Hey Kats -

I will 'pillage' Randy's fine assesment, cause I'm too dang tired to type it all, fresh...

First, Stuka - great to meet you, and thanks for your warm spirit / friendship, and great all-around support of the meet (no-worries on not bringing 'a rig' - I am sure you'll help to 'light things up' at SELEM or some future event.. )

Also, yes thanks to Amanda for the Pizza, Patrick for the FAA-regs presentation, and Bill, for the LivePro demo and for
    looking even more-like Conan O'Brian than I had imagined...

"300Evil - you're a madman!!" I could not say it any better ...but that's why we 'love ya', bro!! (...and cause you burn stuff...) Thanks for the Canon-shots (gotta see some of that video, dude! and for helping me NOT drink all the Patron - I would have never gotten on the road on Sun if you guys had not helped share the bottle - that stuff is just TOO-good...

Glad everybody liked the 'Green Monster' ...yeah, the 'LQ' never-fails to please a crowd.... and you should see the 'official' 5W-versions - they typically do between 6-7W!!! ..Now-imagine 40W, outdoors.... ..Can't believe I did not take any pix, though!!!

Allthat...Great to meet ya, bro, yes - thanks for the shirts and the 'kindrid spirits' and yeah, you get the 'Bitchinest-new RGB-rig-Award' for-sure...

Mophead - Great to meet ya, Cap'n and will look-forward to seeing how you 'grow' your green-rig - that thing was BRIGHT!!

Daedal - VERY bitchin rig, dude! Killer alignment, and yeah, you've got some serious-magic workin with your linearity / timing... very nice output... Will be 'keen' to see how your HeCd's do, once you've had time to really 'TLC'-them... really great meeting ya, bro!...

Doc - "Awesome pointers, and killer dance moves "... I can't say it any better, either... You definitely have the coolest pointer-collection / animated t-shirt / rave-moves going...

LJ, DJ Matt, Kathy - great meeting you, too! ...and Matt - let us know if you need help 'opening up a can of 'whoop-arse' on Laserworld, there... I know there are many, many already 'in line'...

Buffo, DZ - thanks for the making this all happen, and both of you - NICE projectors!! and thanks Dave, for the 'Floyd Chill-Out' at the end of the night... the perfect segway to blowing holes in dollar-bills!!

Not sure if I will be-able to 'do SELEM' but we'll see... if not, in the immortal words of the closing-song in 'Dr Strangelove', "....and I know we'll meet again some suuunnny-daaaaaayyy!!!"

ciao for now..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...