Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM is *on* for Saturday, March 21st 2009 at 10 AM

Cool

Hey folks! More news on the FLEM door prize situation... I just found out that Jian and DZ have teamed up to offer a brand-new set of DT-25 scanners as a door prize. So we'll be giving those away at FLEM too!

Things are shaping up nicely for this one...

Adam

Exclamation

And we will have Laser MAME!!!!!

Wink LazyMame will *ROCK* at FLEM...

Yup, being played on several laser projectors and feeding 3200 watts of audio power! (DZ and I have significantly upped the ante for audio at this event!)

Adam

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

you uped the anti on the audio as compared to what? last flem I bought a 10,000 watt amp rack and only ran one unit-

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

I think you guys are losing focus.
    It's about The Light.

First, second, last !!

Surely a Binatone or Radio Shack Radiogramme will put out plenty of sound for your venue.
    Last edited by soforene; 02-12-2009 at 10:17. Reason: cus dat'z da way I roll, Biatch !

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    you uped the anti on the audio as compared to what? last flem I bought a 10,000 watt amp rack and only ran one unit-
    Actually, as I recall, you said the rack you had was capable of 20,000 watts... But yeah, you were only running one of the 6 amps in that rack. And yes, it was plenty loud at the last FLEM. (We all loved it!)

However, since you won't be bringing that amp stack (or your speakers) to this event, we had to get "creative"... I think we've got a solution that will be *nearly* as loud as the setup you had in Orlando though.

Not bad for a couple of garage-bound laser geeks, eh? (After all, we're not the one's doing gigs for Graceland... We can be forgiven if we don't have the same level of equipment you do!)
    Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    I think you guys are losing focus.
    It's about The Light.
    Oh don't worry - the light will be there. But lasers always look better when accompanied by thunderously loud music! (Alcohol usually helps too!)
    Surely a Binatone or Radio Shack Radiogramme will put out plenty of sound for your venue.
    Not sure how good or bad Binatone is, and I've never heard of a Radiogramme from Radio Shack... However, considering that Radio Shack and decent audio are on opposite ends of the quality spectrum, I'm guessing that Binatone must be another bargain electronics supplier.?. If so, then no, that would not be enough for our venue.

We *do* try very hard to make sure the audio is "memorable" at these events. The last FLEM was probably a record, in terms of total power anyway. But as I said, that was a bit of a fluke. Normally Paul doesn't bring that much gear, and without his gear we just couldn't compete.

Fortunately, DZ and I have managed to work out something that will be very close to that level of performance we had at the last FLEM. If it works out as well as we hope, then this will be the default audio system for all FLEM's and SELEM's to come. (At least until we outgrow the 500 seat auditorium in Newton, that is!)

Adam

Clan, I doubt we'll come up with anything to match what you have, not as salaried employees! With exception to your generously supplying fantastic sound at the last FLEM, this FLEM will certianly not be lacking audio quality as the previous SELEM and FLEM's had.

ladies and gents-

i still do not know if i can make it. of course i want to come, but not sure if it will happen. if i *DO* get some time for the weekend i will be working with jon on a show and we *BOTH* will be shooting over to FLEM (with some SEEEEERIOUS laser gear too.

however, i still have ZERO info as to whether i can go or not.

what i WILL be doing, no matter what is donate something as a prize. (wheter i can get there or not)

i honestly havent looked through this whole thread yet. i had a few ideas in mind (as long as they arent on the prize list yet...)

1. dichro kit (mounts and dichros)
    2. 405 dichro and 405 PBS
    3. $100 credit toward a future CT Lasers purchase
    4. 5 Watt 473nm Laser.........ha ha........you wish!
    5. 1 or 2 of my 4X4 bounce mirror assemblies and a burst or fan diff. grating to go over the mirror. (Look Here)

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Smile

Hey Marc;

Sure hope you can make it dude.. It's going to be a great time. But we all understand your situation, so if it doesn't work out, we know why and that's cool.

Thanks for the door prize offer! Anything on that list would be fine. (Number 4 would be *most* appreciated! ) But seriously, it's great that you're willing to support the group like this.

As we get closer, stay in touch and let me know what your schedule looks like.

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Looks like I can book a flight for about 200$.

I may be there if some one can pick me up at the airport.

Steve