Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM is *on* for Saturday, March 21st 2009 at 10 AM

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Looks like I can book a flight for about 200$.

I may be there if some one can pick me up at the airport.

Steve
    Hey Steve, I can pick you up. When would you be flying in and would it be into Orlando International Airport?

im definately gonna try to make it but i got some traffic tickets about a week ago ive got to get paid first... im hoping it wont eat up all my money b/c ive already asked for the day off from work.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Looks like I can book a flight for about 200$.

I may be there if some one can pick me up at the airport.

Steve
    I can also pick you up if needed.

Wow, the guest list on page 1 is getting rather large! Especially with over a month to go before FLEM!

I live ~20 mins away from the airport, so I can pick you up as well if needed

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Default Fly-in ride coordination...

Just a thought -

For those flying in for the meet (confirmed AND hopeful!), perhaps if we posted our flight schedules we could meet at the airport and split the costs on a rental vehicle. Anyone interested?

(I should find out today or tomorrow if I'm "confirmed" or not)

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Just wondering, if there are several folks that are arriving on friday, do you guys want to get together for a pre-FLEM dinner somewhere?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Just wondering, if there are several folks that are arriving on friday, do you guys want to get together for a pre-FLEM dinner somewhere?
    Most definatly!!! There are several places within a mile or two of the venue and hotel.

Sounds cool - especially since it's an established SELEM tradition as well!!

If I make this event, I definitely plan on a Friday arrival!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Smile

Hey folks!

Wow - this "little" event is picking up steam now! Lots more people on the list than last week, that's for sure... Keep 'em coming!

As for dinner, there is a *great* Italian place about a third of a mile from the venue. It's called Angelo's, and it's on hwy 441 between the Mt. Dora Canal bridge and the Dead River bridge. They've got great food and reasonable prices. (There are also plenty of chain restaurants within a mile or two of the venue; they're all on hwy 441 as you head west towards Leesburg.)

Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be getting into town until very late on Friday. I probably won't be able to leave Charleston before 6 PM, so that would put me in Tavares at around Midnight. There's a possibility that I might be able to get out of here earlier, perhaps around 2PM, but it's iffy at the moment.

If things change, I'll be sure to let everyone know, but it looks like this time I might have to miss the dinner party. (I'll call you guys on the drive down, and if it looks like you'll still be there when I get into town, I'll stop in for a drink.) I'll be driving down with a buddy of mine, so once we get on the road it will be non-stop straight to Tavares.

For those of you that are thinking about staying the night, be sure to check out the deal at the Holiday Inn Express in Tavares. It's literally 200 yards from the venue, and we have a group rate of 89 bucks per night *if* you book your room before the 27th of February.

Also, more information on door prizes... Dave and Aijii at LaserShowParts.com have agreed to donate three door prizes for the event: (Woot!)

1) DMX 8 channel relay board
    2) single channel DMX-TTL board
    3) DMX single channel servo driver

So there you have it; just under 5 weeks left people... Make your plans now!

Adam