Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM is *on* for Saturday, March 21st 2009 at 10 AM

Beeline to the Turnpike to 429 (another toll) is the way I would go. 429 ends oat the norht sie of Apopka on 441. Make left, north, and you're 45 minutes away.
    So far that sounds the best.

john
    Inventor of the hemorroid transplant

Woo Hoo - I'm confirmed for my first FLEM!!

Guess I'll have to postpone that blue upgrade for another month or two...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Awesome! Glad to see you're going to make it! This FLEM is going to ROCK!

Smile Status update

All right! This event is coming together nicely!

Stuka: Fantastic! Got you added to the list buddy.

MixedGas: What's your status? Still in limbo? I'm sure we can get you a ride to and from the airport if you need one... Post here with details and we'll work something out.

DocJohn: Yeah, Orlando traffic sucks. If we do a dinner party, it might need to be a little later in order to give you time to make it to Tavares. (Actually, later works better for me anyway, as I might be able to join the fun if it's later... As I posted above, I won't be getting into town until later.)

Mo: Are you going to have your projector ready for FLEM? And what about the special blue project? Any chance of a preview?

ndrew2505: How about it? Still think you'll be able to make the trip? If so, don't forget to book your room in advance!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Are you going to have your projector ready for FLEM? And what about the special blue project? Any chance of a preview?
    Aaha! Excellent question regarding the special blue... but I don't have an answer... I suppose I can start on it this weekend, and will probably have it ready (with some luck)... testing is very $$$$ though...

With regards to the projector... it's done and I just haven't managed to find myself with any energy to turn it on... been SUPER busy with work these past couple of weeks and I just get home to go to sleep

I'll let you know if anything though

Aaron, you ready to take the jump?

Also, if things work out nicely on the other special project... I might also have a better preview for you guys this time around

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Cool

Hey Mo;

If you get the "special" project working in time, we'll give you the floor and you can demo it for the group (and whomever might be tuning in for the live broadcast as well). Maybe even take some pre-orders?

Your projector is finished? And you haven't turned it on yet? How dare you! Post some pictures of that beast already!

In all seriousness though, if you're ready, that's great. If you need more time, that's cool too. What you are working on will be great no matter when it's ready. But FLEM is as good a time as any to make an announcement.

Adam

Smile

Hey folks!

Just a reminder... The special rate at the Holiday Inn Express will expire this Friday, Feb 27th. So book your rooms this week if you want to take advantage of the special $89 rate. (Normally $110 or more, btw.) You can cancel your room reservation without penalty as long as you do so on or before the 19th of March. See this post for details on booking a room.

Also, we may have a special guest this time. Mike Dunn (of FirstLight Laser Productions) is considering making the trip to Florida for this event. With any luck, he'll bring some samples of his incredible shows for us to preview!

Still haven't reached a consensus on where to hold the pre-FLEM dinner party... Been thinking about Angelo's, which is a nice Italian place that is close to the venue. But I don't know yet what time I'll be getting into town. (Right now it looks like 8 PM is a good estimate.) Need to figure out who is going to be in town at what time so we can plan. Aaron is local, and Randy will be there after 2 PM. DocJohn should be there by 7 PM, and I think dsli-jon will be there more or less all day. What about the rest?

Adam

We're talking Friday night, correct?

I would probably not be able to make it until about the same time as you, Adam. 8-ish at the earliest. It all depends on the responsibilities...

It's only 25 days away... this is coming up quick isn't it? I hope to have my projector completely done in time...

--DDL

Smile

Hi Mo!

Yeah, the pre-FLEM dinner party would have to be held on Friday, March 20th. And it seems like 8 PM is looking more and more like the target time. That gives the guys flying/driving in to town enough time to get to their hotel room and unpack. Of course, for the few early birds that will be there all afternoon (Stuka and dsli-jon), there's a good sized bar at Angelo's...

Sure hope you can bring your projector dude. Looking forward to checking it out!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Hi Mo!

Yeah, the pre-FLEM dinner party would have to be held on Friday, March 20th. And it seems like 8 PM is looking more and more like the target time. That gives the guys flying/driving in to town enough time to get to their hotel room and unpack. Of course, for the few early birds that will be there all afternoon (Stuka and dsli-jon), there's a good sized bar at Angelo's...

Sure hope you can bring your projector dude. Looking forward to checking it out!

Adam
    Hey Adam,

Let's just hope they save us a spot at the bar by the time we finally get there

Oh, the projector WILL be there... ready or not... it puts out beams and it works... covered or not, it's gonna have to do its job

--DDL