Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: FLEM is *on* for Saturday, March 21st 2009 at 10 AM

Seems like Adam is snoozing on the upload...

On second thought, he's in CFL still, so might not have access to his equipment to capture and U/L the files...

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Lightbulb

Ahh, youre right. I need to call him.

Cool

Hey guys - I *just* got back from Spartanburg late last night. I've been super busy since FLEM. Also, I have to work tonight (ugh), but I might have some time to upload the videos I have. They are all very short videos (only a minute or two) so it shouldn't take too long. I'll try to bring my laptop in tonight and take care of it.

FLEM was great, but I was already tired when I got there from all the work at the plant the week before, and then as soon as I got back I was right back in the same situation. 2 days of intense work at the plant, then a 200 mile drive to Spartanburg for even more work. Ugh - I need a vacation!

Adam

Thumbs up DocJohn's video debut at FLEM 5

OK - got one video uploaded. Here's the link to the gallery. The others are too large for the gallery, so I'll have to upload them to google video later.

The video shows DocJohn rocking out with a pair of pointers and some glow-wire accessories. (Very cool.) The distortion in the audio is due to the camera only. The sound was fine in the venue (very loud, but otherwise clear), but the excessive volume proved to be too much for the cheap condenser microphone in my digital camera.

Adam

Thumbs up

NICE! We got to get more of him on video uploaded. I am ashamed to say I didn't get any of him.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    NICE! We got to get more of him on video uploaded. I am ashamed to say I didn't get any of him.
    Oh man just love it!
    that is awesome!
    Look's like you guys and gals had a good time

Default The docjohn preshow

Next FLEM we have to have the Docjohn preshow. He has enough pointers, light hats, shirts and whatever else he decides to make or bring to carry it all by himself. The man is absolutely amazing! Actually, I need a still photo and get his autograph. Nobody would believe all this unless you were there or by looking at the video cat
    Last edited by cat; 03-28-2009 at 11:03. Reason: spell check

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    Next FLEM we have to have the Docjohn preshow. He has enough pointers, light hats, shirts and whatever else he decides to make or bring to carry it all by himself. The man is absolutely amazing! Actually, I need a still photo and get his autograph. Nobody would believe all this unless you were there or by looking at the video cat
    Thanks CAT. I have some new things for SALEM. You ain't seen nothing yet.

John
    Inventor of the hemorroid transplant

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Hey guys!
    I got some good footage I'll post soon. Still in FL right now and buisy as hell. I'll be back posting soon.

BTW: anyone happen to see my DMX servo driver I won at the raffle? I think I may have left it there.

EDIT: False Alarm! Stop looking. I found it in a box I had with me.
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 03-30-2009 at 15:33.

Yes I was overwhelmed with everthing!!! But it was wonderful!!!!!!! Haha!!! Just wait....I have many ideas. Plus thinks to Doc. Im working on laser pointers......hehe!!
    djmatt

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Well, truthfully, you don't. Not unless you're Mike Dunn, that is! The guy is a genius when it comes to abstracts. Was hoping he could make it to FLEM, but he had a prior commitment.

Hey Cat!

You win the "trouper Mom" award! I'm impressed that you hung in there for the entire event. It got painfully loud a few times (even I had to put ear-plugs in!), but you never faltered. (Even my wife can only put up with that sort of thing for about 30 minutes or so... Then she retreats to the bedroom!) I think it's awesome that you not only stayed, but really tried to pick up as much as you could. I know it's a lot to learn, but we don't mind answering questions, so don't be shy about asking them!

I think Matthew was overloaded. Towards the end you could see his eyes darting this way and that, trying to decide what to look at. I think he overdosed a little bit! But I know that he's got a hundred ideas in his head now. Can't wait to see what he comes up with at SELEM. Mark my words - you'll see great things from him.

And Matt, that DMX board is incredible. Even after we talked about it on the phone, I had no concept of just how awesome that thing was until I saw it. If you need all that to contain your creativity with just *LIGHTS*, then I can't wait to see what your laser shows are going to look like dude...

Once again, a big thanks to everyone that helped make this a success. I'd do it all over again next weekend if I could!

Adam