Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM is *on* for Saturday, March 21st 2009 at 10 AM

Smile FLEM is *on* for Saturday, March 21st 2009 at 10 AM

Hey folks! The next Florida Laser Enthusiast's Meeting is set for March 21st, 2009 in Tavares, FL. Tavares is just under an hour's drive north and a bit west of Orlando. The venue is the meeting hall for the Triangle Boat Club. It's located just off hwy 441, on the north-east side of the Dead River bridge. (Here's a link to the location on google maps. Check out the building in street view; just scroll to the left a bit.)

The venue is a white cinderblock building, roughly 25 ft by 50 ft, with 8 ft ceilings, located right on the bank of the Dead River. There is a full kitchen that we can use, along with men's and women's restrooms. There is also a screened-in patio area that faces the river out back. The venue has plenty of tables and chairs that we can use, so long as we put them back when we're done.

There are *lots* of restaurants within a mile or two of the venue, and plenty of hotels in the area as well. (In fact, there is a Holiday Inn Express within walking distance!)

We plan to start at 10 AM on Saturday morning, and we will probably run until around midnight or so. If everyone is having a great time, we might run later. Likewise, if everyone gets tired, we may quit early. (But I doubt it! We usually run late!) Feel free to stay as long (or as short) as you wish. (Note: I'll actually be there early - before 9 AM - to get things set up, so if anyone wants to show up before 10 and help out, that's cool.)

This year we have invited several special guests, including Bill Benner, Patrick Murphy, Mike Dunn, Doug McCullough, Aron Bacs, and Greg Makov. No word yet on which ones will be able to attend though. Also, Fred and Amanda from OneStopLaserShop are planning to attend.

We will have a few door prizes for this event. Dave and Aijii at LaserShowParts.com have agreed to donate some prizes, and there may be others as well. (Details to follow as we get closer to the event.)

So if you're planning on attending, please reply to this thread and let us know what you'd like to bring. Lasers are always fun, but feel free to bring anything else that you think the group might enjoy. (We're all geeks, which means we're suckers for shiny new gizmos!)

I'll have my RGB rig, plus my large fogger. I'll also have my mixer and a bunch of tools, cords, and misc equipment. Might bring the HGM5 argon if I get it working correctly before the event.

If anyone needs to contact me for anything, call me on my cell phone at (843) 324-0735.

Adam

FLEM Attendee list:

AllThatWhichIs + 1 guest (maybe)
    Astroguy + 1 guest (probably)
    Buffo + 1 guest
    Cat
    Clandestiny (probably)
    Daedal
    DJmatt
    DocJohn
    Dsli-jon (+ maybe 1 guest)
    DZ
    Edson + 1 guest
    Hayden (maybe)
    ILDA-Direct (probably)
    Justin (New Pangolin employee that was at the last FLEM, + maybe 1 guest)
    Laser Zone + 2 guests
    Ljk
    Mike Dunn (maybe)
    Mophead
    MixedGas (maybe)
    ndrew2505 (maybe)
    OneStopLaserShop (probably, + maybe 1 guest)
    Pangolin (maybe)
    Stuka
    Last edited by buffo; 03-09-2009 at 14:06. Reason: updated attendee list

Paul's not attending this one? Didn't hear from him this time around...

I also might have a door prize to give away this time around if I get it done in time

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Cool

He's pretty sure he'll be there, but I didn't want to put him on the list until I was sure.

Another door prize? *Coooool*!

Adam

will there be a live feed so i can login?

Pretty sure there will be...

Someone has a data card usually (Allthatwhichis has one I think) and we end up struggling to keep the connection alive

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Just get your ass over here to the UK and experience a LEM in the flesh Anthony !!

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Just get your ass over here to the UK and experience a LEM in the flesh Anthony !!

wuahahaha i'm scared :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I should have access to two or three EvDO aircards and have been put in charge of broadcasting. I should have something up for you to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I should have access to two or three EvDO aircards and have been put in charge of broadcasting. I should have something up for you to watch.
    I'll have mine with me as well, so we should have plenty of bandwidth I would guess.

I'm going to try my best to make it--depending on my work schedule. 50/50 chance at this point.

If I do make it, i'll bring my laptop (possibly the wifes tx2500z touchscreen), fb3 and 200mw 532 "rig" on its piece of wood.