Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More 4D for your viewing pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by OldGrumpy View Post
    In the end, it's all just a projection of an object with more than three dimensions down to two or three dimensions. There are videos of 3d-projections of "hypercubes" (that would be a 4-dimensional equivalent to the 3d object "cube") on youtube, too. The rotation along four independent axis' creates amazing effects when projected down to 3 dimensions
    Mathematically, it's not that complicated, it just increases the amount of calculations and data. Just like so often, the most spectacular things are sort of a piece of cake
    You wouldn't happen to be referring to this clip of mine?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpD6atERJ08

I like the elegance of simply rotating a 4D object instead of redefining it. But again, that is just abstract theory, for implementation it would make sense to choose whatever uses the least CPU time - that would probably be a 2D abstract with quasi-depth.

Talking

Not in particular, because I didn't see it beforehand, but yes, that is what I meant and it is amazing each and every time again. If you are a Sci-Fi fan, you may know a show called "Andromeda", where they had a similar animation towards the end of the series.

I am tempted to write 4D "mechanics" in several ways just to benchmark their performance. I just need to find the parallel universe where myself has some spare time for that