Thread: blank cases

Default blank cases

Im looking for a blank case to build a new laser in. Does anyone sell blank cases as single units or do i have to buy bulk from china?

I might be getting a 4 head laser with 2x 150mW greens and 2x 150mw reds. I have a scanpro20 kit here I cant install into my RGB so Im thinking of building a 450mW RGY with the diodes out of the 4 head. If anyone is interested in getting the 4 head case it will be available after im finished stripping it.

Im only just getting into building laser as I'm starting to have bits and pieces lying around. Just upgraded a cheap chinese laser with a scanpro20 kit.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd17th View Post
    Im looking for a blank case to build a new laser in. Does anyone sell blank cases as single units or do i have to buy bulk from china?

I might be getting a 4 head laser with 2x 150mW greens and 2x 150mw reds. I have a scanpro20 kit here I cant install into my RGB so Im thinking of building a 450mW RGY with the diodes out of the 4 head. If anyone is interested in getting the 4 head case it will be available after im finished stripping it.

Im only just getting into building laser as I'm starting to have bits and pieces lying around. Just upgraded a cheap chinese laser with a scanpro20 kit.
    It would be helpful if we knew where in the world you are. Please take a couple of minutes to fill out your profile .

However, if you're in the UK, Simon (Pit8ull) and Mark (Insanity) have built some very nice cases. I think they've sold the first batch but more may be on their way.

I also believe Rob (Stanwax) is having some nice cases built.

Hope this helps

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I still have a few of the Large and Small enclosures left

hey there 2nd! i may be able to help...

I have just finished my new rig, and have some extra goodies... please check out the following post: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=7149

There, you'll see picts of the finished projector, and... at the bottom, pictures of my extra chassis's! you'll have to do a few mod's, but they're super easy! on my finished unit, you'll see the open ends have been capped off with 3/4" thick 6063 aluminum... and no, you don't need a bridgeport to do it!!! just a few basic woodworking tools, i.e. router, table saw, etc.etc... if your interesed, i can give you a step-by-step discription...