Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Folder Request

Default New Folder Request

Hi,

A few of us were talking yesterday at UKLEM about how useful it is to be able to load something to the server temporarily only ie. Upload it and then when its been seen by the person concerned, remove it. Its saves the server getting clogged up with rubbish especially when its "off topic".

We were wondering therefore if it might be possible to create a single "Temporary" folder on the FTP server that has the permission to allow content deletion.

Having a single folder with permission would remove the problem of accidental deletion of important permanent material that happened before whilst allowing the deletion from within that one folder of any transient materials.

Can this be done?

is this an issue?

we have the existing fpt swap area where people can upload as much as they like.

as far as i know there have never been any deletion issues.

i/we have used this for all previous meets to upload stuff
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I believe you are making reference to the FTP server that Cruch owns/operates. I have zero administrative control over that one.

*However*

PL itself has a FTP server running.

ftp.photonlexicon.com user: plftp pass: ildaswap

Anyone who logs in with the above credentials has deletion priv's so in that regard its good for the purpose you specify and alternatively has another neat feature that might be of use; Anything you put in /public will be mirrored at http://photonlexicon.com/symlinkftp/ for ease of sharing without having to get other users to to login.
    Last edited by Admin; 03-02-2009 at 02:05. Reason: Fixed username: "Cruch"

Ahh didn't know we had 2 separate servers with different rules. Thought they were all no deletion (so did the others I talked to obviously). Thanks for that. I'll add it to my FTP programme.

Al.

if you are uploading stuff from uklm4 please let me know which server you upload to.

i normally use cruch server
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    if you are uploading stuff from uklm4 please let me know which server you upload to.

i normally use cruch server
    Yeah I'm not Andy don't worry.

I will put some UKLEM 4 video clips up though. I have some already edited as MPEG4 or if your prefer the long versions to edit yourself then I'll put them up as Quicktime MPEG 4 (they come from the camera like that). The unedited versions need a contrast boost though as the camera was fooled into gaining up a little too much - only a compact so forgiveable.

Let me know which you prefer.

feel free to edit them.

i have enough to edit lol
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Ok 4 going up now - MPEG 4 @ 4,000 kbs. Might add some more later. I'll name them after myself in the folder to make them easily visible.

They're ABOVE PAL quality in size so will need resizing. I'm presuming your editor has no problem with different sizes on the time line - they're 848 x 480 as that's what my camera throws out. Any probs and I can resize them to PAL>

are you uploading them to cruch ftp?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Yes not finished yet though. Last one is on 77% at the moment.