Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyonics Argon Laser Demo Video

Default Cyonics Argon Laser Demo Video

Thanks to the advice Jim gave me on using a rolled up piece of bear can to reposition pins on an AMP connector, I was able to rewire this ALC argon remote to work on my Cyonics argon laser. Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM0wN...e=channel_page

Nice laser!
    I swear i could see some Green Argon line?

Pretty impressive that your cyonics supply will take her all the way to 12A!!

My supply will only go to 10.6A....

Cool little laser though!!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyGus View Post

best not to go much over 9 for long life. We have a I vs Hours chart in the FAQ, its worth a peruse.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Lasernerd View Post
    Nice laser!
    i was thinking the same thing. when you shot the video into the beam i SWEAR i saw green in there! you sure its only single line? LOL...or did i just drink too much today?

adam- great job though! you make a good TV host! just gotta put you in front of a green screen and have you tell me the weather!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    best not to go much over 9 for long life. We have a I vs Hours chart in the FAQ, its worth a peruse.

Steve
    Agreed... I dont run mine much over 6 or 7A these days.... it makes my room too hot

Thumbs up

You got something wierd going on there. I see blue dots hovering around the spot on the wall and the aperature of the laser when you point the camera up the beam path towards the laser head. There did seem to be a green side to the beam, almost like you were trying to mix blue and green and the alignment was off.

Nice video and "presentation".
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Lasernerd View Post
    Nice laser!
    I wish! Just the camera.

Yeah, I got a little bit of a freak here. In light mode, it won't go above 9A. Just in current mode.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post

Steve
    For sure! 12A is probably killing that poor little tube.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    i was thinking the same thing. when you shot the video into the beam i SWEAR i saw green in there! you sure its only single line? LOL...or did i just drink too much today?

adam- great job though! you make a good TV host! just gotta put you in front of a green screen and have you tell me the weather!

-Marc
    I think the camera shows that illusion because it has 3 CCD's Looks cool in the video though.

Thanks for the compliment. I would have been a little better if I made an outline of discussion first. I personally think communication is one of my biggest weaknesses but I'm getting better.

Agreed... I dont run mine much over 6 or 7A these days.... it makes my room too hot
    Ha! Yeah, they are definitely space heaters. It will blow the house breaker if I leave it running at 12A for more than 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    You got something wierd going on there. I see blue dots hovering around the spot on the wall and the aperature of the laser when you point the camera up the beam path towards the laser head. There did seem to be a green side to the beam, almost like you were trying to mix blue and green and the alignment was off.

Nice video and "presentation".
    How about that. It's weird because I usually don't see satellites with my other lasers. I guess my camera doesn't like 488 since it's right between blue and green.

I think ( It could be different from the JDSU heads/PSUs ) but I think the power is limited to a max 60mW on light mode.

-Adam

light mode in these JDSU/cyonics lasers usually means you can go up to the nominal rated power. If it's a 40mW head, it will let you go to 40mW. If it's a 10mW head, 10mW etc etc