Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: UKLEM 4.5 Surfleet Feeler - 27-28th June - 2 Day event?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    ... Most of us will be driving between 4 and 6 hours, and two attendees (DJMatt and Cat) will be driving 11 hours to make it to the event!
    I have AT LEAST a ten minute drive...

Oh shut up, Aaron...

Adam

Yeah but we got corners and bumps in our roads and is that 95K's or 95 real (mans) speed
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Thumbs up

Haha! Just noticed that Jim added me to the UKLEM attendee list! Sure wish I could be there buddy. (Then again, if I was at the UKLEM, no one would be able to get into the venue for FLEM that weekend, because the key to the venue is at my Mom's house!)

As for the speed we travel on the roads, I mentioned 95 mph more as a joke than anything. The main north-south highway on the east coast is Interstate 95, and the joke is that you set your cruise control for the same speed. (The traffic really moves along on I-95)

And this little rule of thumb actually works out really well for a couple other Interstate highways... For example, when you get into Orlando (with all the tourist traffic from Disney, the airport, and so on), you're driving on I-4, and yeah, the traffic moves at about that speed (4 MPH)....

Truthfully though, when I head to Florida I rarely exceed 80 MPH. The speed limit is 70 on the Interstate highways, and the cops will usually give you a break up until around 10 MPH over the speed limit or so. Beyond that, and you're flirting with a ticket. So 75 to 78 is the sweet spot in my book.

Adam

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    ... The speed limit is 70 on the Interstate highways, and the cops will usually give you a break up until around 10 MPH over the speed limit or so....
    Sounds similar to the UK.
    70 MPH on the Motorways but a lot of folks travel at 80 - 85 MPH.
    Unless they approach a Highways Agency Traffic Womble in their marked up 4x4's which people mistake for Traffic Plods and then slow to 70.

I usually make a point of speeding up to roar past 'em (even if previously pootling at 60 MPH) cus they are jumped up little wannabe plods whose only purpose in life is to cause delays to traffic in the name of "elf and safety".

And breathe ........

I think I just had a seizure from looking at that car! Do they really paint them all like that? Yuk!

Adam

80-85...

girls
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Girls with clean licenses.

yeah ok fair point, my license aint clean
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Weather is looking good for Saturday

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...spalding&day=2

Any more news on the Van/Turbo/CuBr saga Simon? Will the CuBr be with you?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!