Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM 4.5 Surfleet Feeler - 27-28th June - 2 Day event?

And some more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00635.jpg  

DSC00636.jpg  

DSC00701.jpg  

DSC00633.jpg  

DSC00691.jpg  

DSC00692.jpg  

DSC00654.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Just got back from UKLEM 4.5...
    Just got UP after a late finish to a great UKLEM, really good to catch up and chat with everyone (mostly in the kitchen where I spent MOST of the day twiddling with the CVL ) thanks for visiting me the looney bin gents

Good effort lads! thanks to all for making it happen and especially Jim for arranging the venue, top bannana

How lucky were we with the night conditions??? perfik..

Some really nice and interesting kit there, the bar has definitely been raised... my only regret is not spending more time drooling near (not over) it, but it's top of the "to do" list for next time!

Thumbs up UKLEM - Winner

What a great day !!!

Good to see you all again guys and actually get the time to have a good chat with you all...

Big thanks to Jim for sorting out the venue (I think I must owe you some money on that one, let me know how much)...

Cheers to GreenAlien for the beers and convincing me that my life is not complete without 445nm Once I have sold a kidney to facilitate buying one, I'm holding you responsible...

Also got to thank Rob (Stanwax) and DanielBriggs for the tea and biccie at stupid oclock in the morning... And finally to a couple of certain members for their absolute comedy moments, you know who you are

Somebody somewhere was looking down on us and smiling. After months of perfectly clear humid nights, we suddenly had perfect laser weather, bang on time... Simon (p1t8ull) deserves a round of applause for spending all day in the kitchen getting the CuBr ready to fill the night skies, and man was that worth it, wish I had managed to get some good pics of it...

All in all, a cracking day of Beer, Barbies, and Beams lighting up the night sky...

Always a pleasure...

Cheers lads

Mark

And finally, here is the best my crappy camera managed to capture...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1477.JPG  

DSCN1480.JPG  

DSCN1479.JPG  

DSCN1482.JPG  

DSCN1493.JPG  

Wow ! looks like you guys had an amazing time ! Have fun with the last bit of it !

Just got home about half an hour ago. What an amazing weekend. I am just totally lost for words with what went down. We have a lot to live up to at the next meet.

A big thanks to Jim for sorting out the excellent venue and it it was great catching up with everyone who attended.

If you think the Photo's of the outdoor shots where great wait till you see what was achieved this afternoon in the venue. Just totally jaw dropping. Dan and Andy will be posting photos and video for you all to see. This has set a new standard for multi projector setups.

Carl

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs up

Whilst we're all gushing thanks to all and sundry I may as well join the list.
    Ta to;

• Jim for organising
    • Rob for maintenance
    • Danny Boy for Biccies
    • John for soundz,
    • Jem for LivePro guidance,
    • Andy for Gender changers (oo-errr)
    • Carl for not winning anything this time

and all the other guys for turning up and making it what it was.

Just got home after devouring a mahoosive pizza - I was bloody starvin!

Anyway - Thanks to all that attended, I have enjoyed it SO much. An awesome weekend
    with like minded, great people!!!

Thanks to Rob for sorting my Very weird 'blooming beam' when hot, 1W 532 - It was the first HR mirror in my beam path, inside the projector, changing state when it got warm! Very odd!

I do have to say that I have come to the conclusion that Rob loves bumming (whatever 'bumming' may indeed be? ) as it's nearly all I've herd him go on about all fuffin weekend Bumming and cocks

My opinions on Rob has changed this weekend

Comedy highlight of the weekend - Andy running down a steep hill and going arse over tip while chasing a lit Chinese lantern - Classic And him burning his nads on Jem's 200mW Coherent 532 while stood in the beam path yakking to someone

OH and the pile of dead gnats, flies and moths found this morning, adorning the front of the table where the CuBr sat projecting Saturday night Awesome!!

Pic's to follow!

Possible next event end of Nov early December. Watch this space (well another thread to be more precise )

Thanks again peeps.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    ...I do have to say that I have come to the conclusion that Rob loves bumming (whatever 'bumming' may indeed be? )..
    A sad by product of UKLEM's first Sleepover (starring Rob and Andy).
    Apart from "The Bumming" I get the feeling that they carried on the great traditions of sleepovers.

Doing each others hair and nails and talking about boys ..........
    Last edited by soforene; 06-28-2009 at 13:41.

Smile

Wow! You guys had a lot of equipment at that meet! 5 projectors on one truss? Plus all the other projectors on the tables... Very cool!

My hat is off to Richard (Soforene), who called us at FLEM (from UKLEM) to "link" the two events. I have to admit I was more than a little surprised when my cell phone started ringing and I couldn't figure out the number! Very cool idea though, and it was fun to chat for the few minutes we had. (Hope your cell phone won't be too big next month, Richard! )

Glad to hear you guys had a lot of fun at your event. (We did too!)

Adam

Awesome just awesome
    top weekend on so many levels (no Jim not sleepover with Andy)

Well done all of us!

Justa taster of the fots to come - 9 projectors in sync running shows - stunning.
    (and Ive had some input on everyone of them! - projectors that is)

Off to bed now!

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP2212.JPG  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk