Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM 4.5 Surfleet Feeler - 27-28th June - 2 Day event?

2 more before I go of the stunning CuBr
    First one is from a nearby road - angle is due to straining to get my mini triopd onto position on the top of Carls Car
    Second is a portrait of Andy Con

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP2089.JPG  

IMGP2126.JPG  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Cheers to all for a MEGA weekend, top quality photons from all

Here's the last few I'll be uploading
    They are of the 9-mega-projector-hookup
    (The 1st one is my favourite )

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00826.jpg  

DSC00852.jpg  

DSC00834.jpg  

DSC00844.jpg  

DSC00858.jpg  

DSC00867.jpg  

DSC00871.jpg  

DSC00881.jpg  

DSC00897.jpg  

DSC00926.jpg  

DSC00940.jpg  

DSC00943.jpg  

DSC00947.jpg  

DSC00954.jpg  

DSC00960.jpg  

DSC00976.jpg  

what a fantastic weekend, certainly up there with the best UKLM ever!!

many thanks to all those who attended, the meet is nothing without everyone.

special thanks to

Jim - for arranging the meet

Rob - i think everyone would be lost without rob, all weekend long people were like rob ive got this problem can you help. and not once did he say no, he always says yes and fixes the problem there and then. he had two green open and realigning inside, turning scanners and much more. i think we all owe rob so so much. although he is a bit strange and like bumming, he kept going on about it all weekend and i had to stay in the hall with him alone!! he also snores fucking loads... and he tried to touch me!

its amazing the things people find in their car hey rob?

Simon - who spent most of the day sorting the 10watt jobby. fooking awesome bit of kit!

dan - for sorting my iphone

i was the tit who fell down a mud mound trying to save a well... a candle and bit of paper LOL

i was also standing talking to Jem not hurting anyone and i get a sharpe pain in my nackers!!

Jems 200mw green had only burnt a hole in my shorts and got the inside of my leg!!!

me, jim, dan and rob were hardcore and didnt like till like 9pm tonight

sorry for thr crap quality, the original is 500mb and i struggled to get it small enough to upload.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=Cap00011.flv

9 projectors all fully synced, we did the MPE calculation for this and to cut a long storey short we could of done with some more power

Jems bullock burning green

rob the little tea pot!

Last edited by andy_con; 06-29-2009 at 10:13.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Not trying to steal anyones thunder because EVERYTHING I saw in those pictures were spectacular...Question??? _ did I see a projector with TWO UltraMounts by MicroLaserLabs In one of those projectors??? Looked like it to me.

Please shoot me some feedback, looks like you made a little foot for it Did you have enough aperature to get the beams combined in?

For those curious these are what I am talking about -

http://www.microlaserlabs.com/produc...bas27va8eq2770

Thanks for your support - excellent display over there mates!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Hey Pat

Your eyes were not deciving you, great mounts

That's my projector, the one that Rob's building for me. It's a beautiful piece of work and it's just waiting for 350mW of 642 to go with the 430mW of 660 and another 200mW blue to go with the other 200mW blue.

I'm sure Rob will chime in and explain more.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

That was a cool event, well worth the long drive - good to see some pics already posted. I'm glad we managed to get the power supply problem (?!) sorted out!
    The drive back wasn't too bad apart from a tortuous hour on the M25, walking pace in very humid conditions. ( melted Twix can get very messy...) I got back to Southampton at 2:30 pm, unloaded the laser and then crashed out for 4 hours, before finally unloading everything else.
    It was great to meet you all, I certainly learned some new things and saw some novel beam colours. I was impressed by the attention to detail on some of the projector builds, I'll have to try harder!
    Thanks to Jim for organising the event, much appreciated. My RGB enjoyed its first outing and will no doubt look better now I finally understand how the ILDA pattern is supposed to be used...

WOW the Sunday setup looks the dogs conkers!! well done all
    Genuinely gutted to not have been there for that

yeah you did miss out big time mate, but theres always next time

when we got for more
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Great photos, that looks a lot more fun than the christening I went to!

There are some really nice projector builds as well, I'm starting to think my dodgy projectors would be a bit outclassed at meets these days!