Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: UKLEM 4.5 Surfleet Feeler - 27-28th June - 2 Day event?

Can't see any problem with a BBQ

Dan - are you only here for the Saturday?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Jim,
    I'm gonna go for the full weekend
    I'll probably go and book that travelodge nearer the time. Don't fancy travelling back and fro. And 1 day ain't enough!

What's everyone else doing?

Excellent mate

I will be there for the two days also

I will endeavour to get a few Take Away flyers then people can order what they want for the Saturday nights grub - as well as any BBQ's that may be going on.

We could do with a nice warm misty night on the 27th!!

I will warn people - Firing lasers into the sky around here, with it being so flat, attracts great attention as I found out when I poked the CuBr upwards on a few occasions. A steady stream of cars riding down and out of our estate to find it's origin!
    I was wondering if it would be wise to maybe try and block the entrance to the car park of the hall?

The Car park is having a new surface of tarmac and I don't know as of yet whether it will have new gates fitted also. Will be good if it does.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

or we could charge!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    or we could charge!

Great idea !! And put the money towards Laser+Food+the venue

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    We could do with a nice warm misty night on the 27th!!
    If there is room in the car, I have a Martin Magnum Pro 2000 smoke machine.... That should make the night pretty misty

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    If there is room in the car, I have a Martin Magnum Pro 2000 smoke machine.... That should make the night pretty misty

Mark
    The more the merrier although if it's used inside then we will have a repeat of what happened last year....... Where's my laser, door, PC etc
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Laser Warning

Rang the CAA yesterday and they said they envisage no problems at all with our event but to ring them around the 15Th to get a final OK from them.
    I asked them about whether the area around here is always OK for Lasers going on last time and this time's approvals and they said it is primarily a free zone but you still must apply for approval for safety's sake as there are military bases around that area and things change from day to day.

Which is fair enough I suppose
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Hotel booked !
    Unfortunately I picked a place with a nice name and only realised where it was after I'd booked and the bloke on the phone sounded familiar.
    Hey ho ...........

Jim, are you supplying the Barbie and taking on the role of head chef?
    Are you doing the burgers etc. for a nominal charge (to cover food, gas, charcoal etc.) or do we all need to bring dead meat to chuck on it ourselves?

The Riverside????

Errrrmmmm - Hadn't thought of that - I presumed it would be throw away BBQ's that peep's had brought themselves along with some rotting flesh to incinerate

I would rather not get involved with cooking all night to be honest so if BBQ's are wanted then please feel more than free to BYO
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!