Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: PaCoLEM

Default WeCoLEM

I would like to thank Pat for stepping up to the plate and making PaCoLEM a real thing! He has arranged a lot of stuff, now I suppose it is all time we do some planning to get this event running smoothly. We have a chance to meet some really neat people, and see some amazing stuff. So now all the boring stuff like scheduling, activities, maybe rent a house at Old St. Francis School for lodging? (http://hoteloregon.com/index.php?loc=98&id=737) And of course, some nifty door prizes!

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 03-18-2009 at 15:45. Reason: Changed Title from PaCoLEM to WeCoLEM
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    I would like to thank Pat for stepping up to the plate and making PaCoLEM a real thing! He has arranged a lot of stuff, now I suppose it is all time we do some planning to get this event running smoothly. We have a chance to meet some really neat people, and see some amazing stuff. So now all the boring stuff like scheduling, activities, maybe rent a house at Old St. Francis School for lodging? (http://hoteloregon.com/index.php?loc=98&id=737) And of course, some nifty door prizes!

-Adam
    PaCoLEM or WeCoLEM are both good names I'll take either one.

Lets fix a date - I will toss out May 15,16,17. THIS IS FLEXIBLE if it prevents majority from not showing. June starts to get hectic for me (as I am somewhat unemployed, but when summer gets here my social schedule is VERY busy, Snow Cone concession and weekly boating/camping)

To keep the thread somewhat short. I would suggest if you are friends with another fellow LEM'ER PM amongst yourself to verify dates, what equipment you will bring and such and then post plans.

If there are any head trips / sore feelings / death threats amongst fellow LEM'ERS please try to resolve all issues prior to event so smooth head trip free gathering. Stay in this industry long enough and everybody gets a poke once in a while. ALL persons west of the missippi are welcome, it is just a bit more approiate if you are west of the Rockies

St Francis school (trendy but cool) is a bit out of my league even for dinner. If you want to stay there thats ok. If some prefer a less expensive alternative, let me know about what you want to spend a nite and I will arrange something. If you want to share a room with someone thats fine, if you want your own hotel thats fine, if we all want to be in the same hotel thats fine. as you can see, anything people want is fine.

Currently I have a 2700 sq ft bldg with high ceilings 3 phase, checking on broadband connection (i'll steal it if I have to), if it gets leased I'll go to plan b, if that fails I'll go to plan c. Dont worry I will handle logistics. You dont know exactly where you will be except...Beautiful Bend Oregon, and thats all you need to know at this point. This aint my first rodeo.

Thanks Sugeek for starting the official PaCoLEM thread!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

WeCoLEM that sounds good..
    I vote for West Coast LEM
    I think you guys would like to see these Eye-Magic scanners at work.
    After about 6 hours of tuning thru out my gain settings..I am far from new at tuning,it is one of my arts to tune to the max,I even fine tune the weight of the mirror!

These scanners are insane!!!

I don't think I will be able to use them! I am full on all about beam effects,,no graphics or text,so they are by FAR way out of my league

I would like to see them work with Jonathans Pangolin system
    Last edited by Lasernerd; 03-10-2009 at 12:44.

Default WeCoLEM is set for May 15, 16 & 17, 2009!

Due to the infestation of crickets on this thread... I will start off!

Sugeek or Admin- can you change heading to WeCoLEM in origonal post if you can.

No body bitched so the date is set for May 15,16 & 17, 2009.

I want to suggest instead of a door prize we have a White Elephant Gift exchange. If you dont know what that is, here is a short explanation. Each attendee box up something good or crappy "laser related" item, a first person starts by picking a box out of a pile and opens it, he gets to keep it unless someone else takes it from him by trading what he got...get it??? My box will contain a very lavish, expensive, and Priceless item if you believe that. Pecking order will be decided by drawing numbers from a hat. If you come, you need to box something Big or small. Spouces can be included provided they box something as well.

Door prizes will be graceously accepted by vendors of PL should they want to donate anything.

My goal is to have the Cobra Yag running and poking holes in nickels or razor blades or something for people. After event it will be dismanteled and sold on ebay, unless a suitable buyer steps up by then. I will probablly have a lot more than that but we will see.

Reply to thread if you can make it and what you are going to bring to work on or display or do or whatever.

All suggestions are welcome to make the BEST EFFIN WECOLEM that has ever happened! (uuummm well it is the first one)
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Sweet!
    i will bring some old school laser controllers,
    A S-P 168-00 head with the supply
    lightwave 210 YAG
    and several DPSS projectors..

White Elephant sounds fun!
    Can I bring more than one gift???

Woo Hoo!!

I have mega internet cameras we can use

do we need a soundsystem?

sound system is covered.

lasernerd do you want to be in cahrge of streaming internet? I am pretty sure I can steal the cable connection if it is in plan a building. Even plan b building has cable.

dont know how 2 gifts would work whatever makes it fun
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    sound system is covered.

lasernerd do you want to be in cahrge of streaming internet? I am pretty sure I can steal the cable connection if it is in plan a building. Even plan b building has cable.

Big ole negative on the computer stuff!!
    i can barely type! I am hardware only!

Adam(Sugeek) is our computer geek he can hook it up!
    Maybe even Jonathan?

maybe we could talk Adam into bringing some of his fams home made beer! Good stuff!

I couldn't change the name I need admin help. I typed up a bunch then the server error kicked my ass.

I should be able to use the .tv place referenced in the original thread. I will bring my extra omnichrome boards for all to see.... Does anybody have an extra ALC60x PSU? I would love to get my head up and lasing with multi-line optics (yes I know that it may take all weekend to align).

I think I may have a few interesting lumina optics, do yall mind optical grade quartz?

-Adam

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Cool

Hey guys...

If you're going to use the ustream.tv site, I suggest you set up your channel in advance and TEST IT. It takes a little tweaking to get it working correctly with different web cams. Also, adjusting the audio level can be a pain in the rear. (It's very easy to overmodulate.) So play around with it at home first so you get a feel for it. (We didn't do this, and our early broadcasts suffered as a result!)

Glad to hear that you're making this happen though. Love the idea of the white elephant gift exchange. (We call it "Dirty Santa" here in the south, but the concept is the same.) Hope you all have a great time.

Sugeek:

It shouldn't take that long to align your 60X. Heck, Pat can probably do it with his eyes closed. (Use the force, Pat! Feel the power *flowing* through you...)

Adam

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    sound system is covered.

I will bring a 24dbi 2.4ghz dish and a bag of tricks and I am sure we can find free wifi... I will be sure to checkout the streaming video place ahead of time, maybe of a naked CVL laser in Platinum's living room!

-Adam