Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: ILD SÔS - Ilda Manupulation Tool Now Available

Thanks, Dr Laser! For those viewing this, some things to remember are:

- You can begin a new layer by copying the shape from the old layer and pasting it into the new layer, then adjusting the control points of the shape in the new layer. This will not require you to re-draw the shape every time.
    - You can animate simple linear movement in your laser software, so for example just a sequence of a flapping bird sitting still could be done, then the linear motion and cycle repeat could be handled by your playback software.
    - You can smooth the lines that you draw by pressing Ctrl-L ( simplifiy) many times, this will reduce them to the minimum anchors necessary to define the shape, which will make anchor point animation (and laser rendering) simpler.

There is another bug in Inkscape. When you duplicate the layer in frame by frame animation new frame can jump places with old frame and the next time you duplicate you will duplicate older frame and not the one you just moded. Always check the sequence to make sure. You may find that frame 02 and 01 jump places. They still be called proper names but drawings in 02 are in 01 and 01 in 02.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Default SVG

Quick SVG sketches imported to SOS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SNAG-0010.jpg  

SNAG-0008.jpg  

SNAG-0007.jpg  

Default ILD SOS SVG ILDA conversion update

ILD SOS 1.3.1.3 updated with general SVG loading (not just inkscape). So far tested with Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, XARA Xtream 5, Swift3D, and more (thanks Dr Laser for the testing and feedback).

Unfortunately swift 3d max has a fundamental bug. If 2 dots are on the edge of screen it draws a line between them. Need to wait for a new version (V4 no trial version yet) and see if they fixed this bug. If not screw it. It's not as good cartoonizer as Illustrate!
    Last edited by Dr Laser; 04-17-2010 at 02:24.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Thanks to a cooperation with fellow member Zoof here on PL, ILD SOS 1.3 series now can load Inkscape native .SVG files directly. This allows the use of linear gradients for colorization, where the previous dxf loading method did not.

If you have ILD SOS and haven't tried inkscape yet, you really should! Draw colorful frames, trace and convert raster images to frames, all without having to worry about points.
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ink...ape-0.47-3.exe

when i saved file in Inskape i can't save in "better dxf output", my inskape (0.46, 0.47) haven't this feature, Why?

I think Better DXF output is a separate plugin you need to install.
    See:
    http://www.bobcookdev.com/inkscape/inkscape-dxf.html

And for the direct download of Better DXF Output:
    http://www.bobcookdev.com/inkscape/b...dxf_output.zip

Good luck !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Lasercam mentions support of the Moncha dac, does this mean ILD SÔS will do so too (soon)?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_kld View Post
    when i saved file in Inskape i can't save in "better dxf output", my inskape (0.46, 0.47) haven't this feature, Why?
    you need to use the 'better dxf output' from here:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...6640#post96640

it adds color information that the one hobbybob linked doesn't have. I have submitted the update to the original author a long time ago but it looks like he hasn't updated his download yet.

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    Lasercam mentions support of the Moncha dac, does this mean ILD SÔS will do so too (soon)?
    Yep, the next release in the 1.3 series will.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    and support of Phoenix dac?