Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: ILD SÔS - Ilda Manupulation Tool Now Available

Probably not. ILD SOS Already supports QM2000, if I included both Phoenix support and LD2000 support, the software would probably self-destruct as these forces battled it out internally
    Last edited by drlava; 10-27-2010 at 11:49.

i would vote for the phoenix dac (as i have 3 of them ) but i dont think there is a sdk for it
    although it is an easy lase it is locked in firm ware is my understanding of it but who knows there was some talk of it being able to work with other software (but phoenix is locked into one of the 3 dac's they sell)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    There is another bug in Inkscape. When you duplicate the layer in frame by frame animation new frame can jump places with old frame and the next time you duplicate you will duplicate older frame and not the one you just moded. Always check the sequence to make sure. You may find that frame 02 and 01 jump places. They still be called proper names but drawings in 02 are in 01 and 01 in 02.
    I think you can just use "Paste In Place" to get it in the exact location as before. In my experience using just paste caused alignment headaches.

Hope this helps.

Is there a maximum limit on points before reduction?

I output a drawing from Autocad to dxf, the drawing has 42k pts.

ILD SÔS choked and crashed.

There is no hard point limit, but there is a limit, and it's related to your system resources. 42,000 points is a lot of points, and it might take a long time to process but there shouldn't be a crash. If you can you zip and send the dxf file to me, I can test it to see if it exposes a bug, or if it was just a resource limit on your computer. Generally I'd suggest starting from simple models and expanding, as even with a 8:1 point reduction on your file through the data reduction step, it will still have way too many points to be scannable. In time, it will become second nature to you, which models will make good laser artwork, and which models have to be reduced.

Here is the file, not really a complex drawing, but the way it was generated several years ago, used a lot of points.
    Attached Files Attached Files

That is a dwg file, not dxf

Its output from Autocad with dxfout. Its a text file, not a binary file like all dwg's

Edit:

Changed to an R12 dxf, first was 2010 dxf. Seems to work now.
    Last edited by Solonar; 06-22-2010 at 17:17.

What you posted sure looks like a binary file to me. Have a look

oops, sry. wrong file. desktop too cluttered.

was the wrong drawing anyways, this is the one that crashed. After looking at it a bit more, I doubt it would be able to reduce to a recognizable frame.

xb-70.zip