Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ILD SÔS - Ilda Manupulation Tool Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    'sup James!
    Not much. Just got a call from my friend Greg and he tells me he's getting a nice tight round spot beam out of those new 635nM diodes he's installed for me. Not sure what optics he's using, but I know the ones I had did not do the job.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    You need to know that LaserBoy can only render some of the DXF drawing entities.

POINT
    LINE
    POLYLINE
    LWPOLYLINE
    CIRCULAR ARC
    ELLIPTICAL ARC
    TEXT

There is no code in LaserBoy to render SPLINE. So make sure you save your stuff as POLYLINE.

Also, In LaserBoy you can set it in advance before you import to either maintain the original center of the universe from the DXF drawing or find a new center based on fitting the art into a frame.

No. There is no HOWTO.
    I plan on doing that some day. When I was really into development, it changed so often that I would have to dedicate three times as much effort into keeping the doc up-to-date.

I do however really enjoy showing people around on Skype! If you want, you can call me with LaserBoy running on your computer and share that portion of the screen with me. Then we can both see what you are doing on your computer.
    I developed simple cube.Then rendered with Illustrate. It saves in AutoCAD r10 format (DXF). AcmeCAD converter displays lines as CONTINUOUS. But center of universe is somewhere upper(may be). So I had to minimize image till i saw my cube. Then I saved it in r13 format (AutoCAD 2010). Laserboy could read it but didn't displayed image. It displayed information about points and lines (>0). I opened it in Inkscape. Cube was not in the center. I reduced size of image to fit my cube as much as possible. And only after that i saw cube in Laserboy and cube was big (fit to all screen).
    So my thought. Laserboy can open any dxf i need. But image somewere away from view. How can i change center of universe before opening dxf?

P.S. Skype is good idea!
    Last edited by poult; 04-17-2012 at 20:45.

I'm not sure what you are working with as a starting point. But I can tell you there are two settings in LaserBoy that effect importing from DXF. One of them is to either take the DXF coordinates as is or to scale everything to fit inside of the LaserBoy 3D space. The other is to keep the origin (the point 0,0,0) as it is in the original DXF or to find a new center, also based on fitting the art inside of the 3D cube of LaserBoy space.

From the main menu, go into menu x and look at items 4 and 5. For the most predictable results, 4 (auto scale) should be on and 5 (maintain real origin) should be off.

Can you post an example DXF that you are working with?

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I'm not sure what you are working with as a starting point. But I can tell you there are two settings in LaserBoy that effect importing from DXF. One of them is to either take the DXF coordinates as is or to scale everything to fit inside of the LaserBoy 3D space. The other is to keep the origin (the point 0,0,0) as it is in the original DXF or to find a new center, also based on fitting the art inside of the 3D cube of LaserBoy space.

From the main menu, go into menu x and look at items 4 and 5. For the most predictable results, 4 (auto scale) should be on and 5 (maintain real origin) should be off.

Can you post an example DXF that you are working with?

James.
    Sure! First of all changing settings (X and 4 or 5) did not help. There are 3 files in zip. 1 - origin DXF (r10) from Illustrate. 2 - converted DXF (AutoCAD 2010) in ACME CAD converter (not changing world center). 3 - opened second file in Inkscape without autoresizing to A4 format (cube was in the upper right side near A4 format of Inkscape document area) and changing size to fit cube and saving in r13 DXF
    3dmax.zip.

From your 3dmax.zip I get this..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dxf.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	31782

Not much. Just got a call from my friend Greg and he tells me he's getting a nice tight round spot beam out of those new 635nM diodes he's installed for me. Not sure what optics he's using, but I know the ones I had did not do the job.
    Yeah, didn't think they would. Glad he had something that worked..

From your 3dmax.zip I get this..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dxf.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	31782

Yeah, didn't think they would. Glad he had something that worked..
    ot

Yes. Simple cube. Just for experiment. I have not used IldaSOS but converted ILDA image from laserboy has 12 points, 9 visible lines and 3 hidden as displayed by zILDA file viewer. As I see in your screenshot ILDASOS has inserted many points to lines. Has it?

yep, it did. this is the step called 'optimization'. You can get LaserBoy to add points, too using the menu system. These added points are necessary to allow your scanners a chance to draw the image at their native speed.
    Last edited by drlava; 04-17-2012 at 23:56.

yep, it did. this is the step called 'optimization'. You can get LaserBoy to add points, too using the menu system. These added points are necessary to allow your scanners a chance to draw the image at their native speed.
    Are they called LIT ? What does scanner do in these points? Does it make pause ? And how do they affect the picture ? Do they slow down scanner. If there are just 2 points on edge scanner does less operations. If I correctly understand the principles of the laser scanner

If you scan the output with and without optimization points, you'll see why they are necessary. A scanner never pauses at a single point, only multiple points at one spot give it time to reach and stop there.

To clarify a bit, (in my application at least) I use the word minimize to designate the act of stripping out all of the points that are not absolutely necessary to draw the image. This might result in very long lines that are only defined by the points at the very ends. These lines might be way too long for a scanner to jump in one sample. I use the word optimize to designate the act of adding points along these lines so that the scanners will never exceed a specified distance per sample, which translates to velocity. Optimizing also adds dwell points whenever a line has a severe angle so that the scanners can get to the point at the angle, stop and go ripping off in another direction, leaving you with a nice visually crisp angle.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials