Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: ILD SÔS - Ilda Manupulation Tool Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    If you scan the output with and without optimization points, you'll see why they are necessary. A scanner never pauses at a single point, only multiple points at one spot give it time to reach and stop there.
    Some years ago I developed lighting scanners (program and electronic circuit) on stepper motors. As here if moving speed of program from DMX console was fast its head did not keep up with program due to inertia. So this points are necessary for this? And how I will know how many points I will need? Only by experiment?
    And by the way my Spaghetti program has some optimization algorithm. Will it overlap in ILDA optimized file?

There are settings in both LaserBoy and ILD SOS to effect this. One of the reasons why drlava made his application a "live" display was so that you could see the effects of your chages in real time. So, yes. It is by visual experimentation in both cases.

As far as Spaghetti goes, you'd have to ask Gary about that.
    Last edited by james; 04-18-2012 at 09:14.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

The very first file I tryed to open in LaserBoy was from_3dmax_Illustrate.dxf.

I saw nothing, but I know LaserBoy, so I looked a little deeper.

Your drawing is black!

It works fine. You just get a black drawing that you cannot see on a black background. So pick another color and you should be good to go!
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    The very first file I tryed to open in LaserBoy was from_3dmax_Illustrate.dxf.

I saw nothing, but I know LaserBoy, so I looked a little deeper.

Your drawing is black!

It works fine. You just get a black drawing that you cannot see on a black background. So pick another color and you should be good to go!
    OMG! Sorry friend. You are right! I've used lesson and profile from 3dmax+Illustrate topic. And file became color. And Laserboy opened it. Good news (C) ! ))).
    And BTW IldaSOS opened even black file.
    After some experiments i have got first conclusion. As you said before both programs (IldaSOS and Laserboy) necessary for me (LaserBoy does things that ILD SOS cannot do and vice versa) as for one image Ildasos gives better result and for another one Laserboy is better.

I think your experience with two files is due to the files needing different optimization settings, and the default optimization settings of the two programs are different. Simply tweaking these would provide similar results. Your iShow DAC is holding you back because you're not able to view the results of your changes as you make them in ILD SOS. If you were, you'd be able to create the best settings for your scanners capabilities rather quickly.

Success! Cool!

BTW, if you are interested, I could help you make a modified sound card, aka LaserBoy DAC.

It will be of equal use to you in both LaserBoy and ILD SOS, and quite a few other applications either through direct support or via drlava's EzAudDAC.dll driver.

I'm pretty sure, if you just make a simple drawing in a CAD app and do not specify a color, you will probably see the art as black lines on a white background in that app. If no color is specified, LaserBoy will make it white. But if black is actually selected as the drawing color and that gets into the DXF code then LaserBoy will make your art black.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Success! Cool!

BTW, if you are interested, I could help you make a modified sound card, aka LaserBoy DAC.

It will be of equal use to you in both LaserBoy and ILD SOS, and quite a few other applications either through direct support or via drlava's EzAudDAC.dll driver.
    Oh! It would be great! I have experience in electronic circuits. I have oscilloscope. There are no obstacles. Is it so nice as RIYA DAC? How many points it can draw?

If you choose the right sound card, you can have 8 channels that are all capable of 16-bits at 48KHz.

Think of it like this: Anything you could record with an ADAT machine from any other laser DAC can be played out of an 8 channel sound card. It is exactly the same format: 8 channels of 16-bits at 48KHz.

The only limitations of the signal quality you might get come from the quality of the software you use to generate the digital stream you send to the DAC.

This quality is exactly the focus of LaserBoy, ILD SOS and others.

You can even play shows that have been digitally transcribed from ADAT tapes. So in that regard, a LaserBoy DAC is the "great equalizer"!

With 8 channels, you also have the optional feature of being able to put stereo audio in the last two tracks.

One wave file. Double click. Laser show with sound!

And the angels did sing!
    Last edited by james; 04-18-2012 at 13:37.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Could someone help me with the activation file for ILD SOS pls? I'll PM or email the activation code. Thanks!

hi, please check your email; sent.