Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: ILD SÔS - Ilda Manupulation Tool Now Available

Thanks!
    It works.

Attention All SOS users.

Now for 3D animation conversion you have a choice between Illustrate! and Swift 3d Max. I put aside swift testing few years ago due luck of dxf output but now SOS has SVG import and Swift 3d MAX has SVG output. Also Swift saves entire animation into 1 SVG file and SOS opens it perfectly. Swift is even easier then Illustrate. The only issue Im having is when object is partially offscreen then screen edge line is shown. I will try to figure it out ASAP.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Lightbulb Swift 3d Max and SOS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	preview.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	35764
    Here is a simple 3d scene rendered with swift 3d and imported into ILD SOS
    SVG and ILD files are attaches.
    ILD SOS reads Swift 3d MAX svg files with no problems. But there is an old issue with Swift 3d max.
    When object is touching the border of a screen there is a line connecting. As far as I know there is no cure for that.
    So if you don't want this then your animation must stay in the middle. Besides that everything works fine.
    Illustrate! is 395$ Swift 3d max is $295. If Swift will be willing to fix an issue with lines then it will be a nice 100$ saving.

I will be looking more deeply into an ultimate solution for 3d to ilda (I mean free solution) but for now we have only those 2.

Also I sent an email to Electric rain to see if they can fix this issue.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rainrequest.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	35767
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dr Laser; 11-23-2012 at 00:26.

Anyone know how to use the USB dongle with this software?
    I got a dongle from drlava which should take away the problems with the connected license to 1 computer.
    Today the dongle arrived and when i plugin the dongle it isn't working at all, still asking for a license?

I hope someone else also has a dongle and can explain how he's/she got it working?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

did you get the activation file from drlava? if i remember correctly, you have to use that in conjunction with the dongle. ping drlava. i'm sure he can get you going.

Quote Originally Posted by astatic View Post
    Anyone know how to use the USB dongle with this software?
    I got a dongle from drlava which should take away the problems with the connected license to 1 computer.
    Today the dongle arrived and when i plugin the dongle it isn't working at all, still asking for a license?

I hope someone else also has a dongle and can explain how he's/she got it working?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Activation file?
    I thought you need that activation file only when your not having a dongle, that's why i bought the dongle.
    I send him a message, but maybe i did something wrong and anyone could help me out right away.
    We will see who will be the first who get's it working.

Thanx anyway swamidog!

Hi, with the dongle, you get a universal activation file that works with all computers. Also the dongle is usable with all lavasoft.. LSX, LaserCam, etc. I don't immediately recognize your 'astatic' name, so please PM me with further info to get this sorted.

We solved this by mail yesterday Andrew.
    I needed an extra file which you send me, after that the dongle is working fine!
    Thanx!

Bart

Electric Rain gives less then a pile of baloney about my email. Screw them. You still can use it for in frame animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Electric Rain gives less then a pile of baloney about my email. Screw them. You still can use it for in frame animation.
    That is to be expected, they would not change their algorithm or apply these fixes, as it can affect the performance or results in other applications.
    I have used swift 3D in the past and had no such problems. Can I know what build/version you have?
    Also I would still recommend Illustrate! when it comes to something else then pangolin I still recommend that option.
    If you make the presets so you dont have to do all kinds of things to make the objects be properly made for laser display, then your fine.