Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: ILD SÔS - Ilda Manupulation Tool Now Available

I tried all kinds of versions of MAX plugin starting I think with V2. Latest I tried was V4. I always had the same problem. Never was able to figure out what to do. If you have a exact solution to this problem. Please post. The thing is not about not changing algorithm but TOTALLY ignoring email.

BTW I know about Illustrate for many years. Just want to find some alternative cheap solutions for people.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

This is a very nice tool! Yesterday I converted a couple images - Made some outlines of some logos from some of my friend's bands just for fun. Using Dr. Lava's tutorial to learn how to trace the path, ungroup, break apart, re-combine, apply color, etc really opens up a world of possibilties. Then apply a simple expression to alter the image (Thanks CMB, SwamiDog and others for helping educate us) and BAM! Holy cow, you are an amateur hobby laserist!

Drag and drop the ILDs you create into the timline and get creative. I'm so glad I purchaed LSX!

Jason

Default Simple Logo Example / Record to ILD tool question ?

Hi guys,

Well finally I have a couple logos to share with some minor animations. Software used is LSX Basic, ILD SOS 1.4, and Inkscape.
    However, I'm having trouble understanding how the record to ILDA tool works. When I press the button nothing seems to happen. I have LSX Basic upgraded from Lite. Don't see anything about this tool in the owner's manual 'Welcome to RealTime LaserShow Editor User Handbook'. Also looked in the directory that my show is located and did not see an .ild file.

So for now a simple picture will have to do, the camera washed out the green so its not the best pic. Projecting onto a vinyl roller shade in the basement, might not be the best medium to throw the photons at. The corners of the letters are more crisp in person, but probably could still use some more points ? Also the file on my work PC is different than the PC used for projecting so that's why the colors are different (The dongle is REALLY nice!)

I'll post the .ild when I figure out what I'm doing wrong... Have a happy and safe 4th of July! Anyone else looking forward to taking advantage of all the smoke in the air ?

-Jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Logo Example Projected in Green.pdf  

To make a file using ILD SOS you choose an Output file first by clicking on the Output button. Then when you are satisfied with your conversion and optimization results click the Process button and it should save to your output file. But you are probably talking about the LSX ILDA output?

Happy 4th to your too! I am looking forward to some laser building and showing action for the holdiay.

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    But you are probably talking about the LSX ILDA output?
    Correct, I'm trying to figure it out from inside LSX so I can share stuff like my first super-simple animation ....

But thanks for the info on exporting from ILD SOS!

-Jason

JasonB if you have access to LSX Living Manual on Google Docs you can find some info there:

Record to ILDA file
    By enabling this button, playing the show will produce one or more .ILD files to the directory with show.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

if you're using LSX, there's a very easy solution for this.

just create an ilda frame with a zero intensity square that's slightly smaller than your projection size and use the invert function to display all your frames inside the square. the invisible square will slightly clip your projection and mask the annoying boundary lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Attachment 35764
    Here is a simple 3d scene rendered with swift 3d and imported into ILD SOS
    SVG and ILD files are attaches.
    ILD SOS reads Swift 3d MAX svg files with no problems. But there is an old issue with Swift 3d max.
    When object is touching the border of a screen there is a line connecting. As far as I know there is no cure for that.
    So if you don't want this then your animation must stay in the middle. Besides that everything works fine.
    Illustrate! is 395$ Swift 3d max is $295. If Swift will be willing to fix an issue with lines then it will be a nice 100$ saving.

I will be looking more deeply into an ultimate solution for 3d to ilda (I mean free solution) but for now we have only those 2.

Also I sent an email to Electric rain to see if they can fix this issue.
    Attachment 35767
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hello
    I have made 3 orders: ILD SOS, LaserCam and RIYA Multibus Pro
    But I have not received activation keys and track number of shipment yet...

P.S. My email is "biiios9999@gmail.com"

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Bios,

Have patience, He's on the road traveling to the SELEM event.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Hi, increase the resolution of your desktop. It should be 1024x768 or better. Screens with 600 pixels vertical resolution aren't designed to be workstation units.