Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: ILD SÔS - Ilda Manupulation Tool Now Available

pls, respond to my PM's a few months earlier, about license.

GOOD Morning people! Tell please where can skachat, or buy it like this program iLD-sos! Prompt and even what some programs that can create formats iLD! yes and Sorry for my incorrect Englishh

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    I've just installed ILD SOS and LaserCam on a notebook with 1024x600 resolution. Some windows of the programs are too big and I can't even drag them down because the draggable area is above the top boundary of the screen.
    What can I do?
    If you have an ACER or Gateway netbook ... maybe even compatible video hardware you can use the A1CTL utility to eek out 1024x768. It's not super awesome great looking but it does work. Find it here: http://nodadev.wordpress.com/2009/08...rsion-is-here/ ... I have a gateway netbook and it works well on it. Plus it gives you some other controls over processor speed etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanalet0 View Post
    GOOD Morning people! Tell please where can skachat, or buy it like this program iLD-sos! Prompt and even what some programs that can create formats iLD! yes and Sorry for my incorrect Englishh
    Hi Kanalet0

Welcome to PL!
    Where are you from, your profile doesn't say?

You can order ILD SOS from inno Lasers. I would recommend LSX too, it is awesome!

Keith

How to do audience scanning with LSX? I know how to fade the whole projection or some areas, but thats not enough.

If you are only willing to pay $10 for your own eye protection, you shouldn't even consider scanning your audience. Study up and learn some more before you even attempt it. check out the safety wiki .

Quote Originally Posted by cipher0 View Post
    How to do audience scanning with LSX? I know how to fade the whole projection or some areas, but thats not enough.
    As mophead has said, don't do it until you understand what you are doing. James Stewart who replied on your other thread runs a safety training business and I attended one of his courses. It a full day, crammed with information and a thick manual to read when you get home.

It isn't as easy as just fading - you need to measure the power density of the beam and calculate the NOHD (Nominal Ocular Hazard Distance). It isn't something you can judge by eye - and if it were, you might find yourself with sight problems faster than you expect.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    If you are only willing to pay $10 for your own eye protection, you shouldn't even consider scanning your audience.
    You misread, I said preferably $100. The first reply was by Galvonaut and he showed what he used which was under $100.
    The $10 was part of a joke, not even about eye safety.

Study up and learn some more before you even attempt it. check out the safety wiki .
    [/quote]
    Of course thats why im here. Than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    It isn't as easy as just fading
    yes thats why i said i know how to do fading but thats not enough

I thought maybe theres a simple 'safety button' in the program or dac, but if i have to measure it myself then ill do it.

Yep, taking measurements is the only way as far as I know. I would personally be cautious trusting software to make effects safe, even though LSX does have some great functionality in this area.

You can set up zones with variable power settings in most software available today, including LSX.

All lasers are different and the variables include:
    Laser power
    Laser Wavelength
    Beam divergence
    Audience distance

Pangolin sell a safety scan lens set which can be placed in front of the laser aperture to diverge the beams which would otherwise be in your NOHD. Even though this is a relatively easy method of making audience scanned effects safe, the LSO (Laser Safety Officer) still needs to measure the power density of the beam to ensure that they are safe.

Another way to make scanned effects safer is to use diffraction gratings. These split the beam up into many smaller, lower power beams, but need to be set up correctly, so that the zero order beam is outside of the audience. Measurements should also be made.

I imagine there are people who use LSX or other software to make effects below the MPE (maximum permissible exposure) but there is a risk that software fails, then you could be in trouble!

If you want to know more about audience scanned effects there are plenty of threads here on the subject. This thread isn't the best to be discussing it, particularly as it is regarding ILD SOS and not LSX and safety should not really be trusted to software

Keith

Hi,

I have Lasercam Pro and i cant activate it, Could somebody to help me?

Im new on this forum and sorry for my stupid question