Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ILD SÔS - Ilda Manupulation Tool Now Available

Default ILD SÔS - Ilda Manupulation Tool Now Available

I'm happy to announce the ILD SÔS (pronounced sauce) is now available here. Here's a little introduction:

It contains a lot of techniques I have worked on in the art of frame optimization, and its goal is to generate and facilitate the easy transfer and use of ILDA files for laser shows.
    ILD SÔS optimization routines are intended to allow the use of any speed scanner with any speed and type of DAC.

What it is:
    - An ILDA file format converter tool
    - An LDS/Phoenix CAT format importer/converter
    - A Lasergraph/LDS PIC importer/converter
    - Animation previewer
    - A tool that can produce very good non-shaded 3D animation when used with 3D Studio Max and the Illustrate! plug-in
    - A tool that can also produce shaded 3D animation (shadows, etc) with the above pair
    - An optimization tool for very good pathfinding, data reduction, and point optimization for all file types
    - An animation tool that will calculate distributed fill points to keep a steady framerate
    - A palette upconversion and downconversion tool for compatibility
    - pal (Anarchy and LDS format) exporter for color compatibility conversion
    - Standards compliant

What it is not:
    - A frame editor
    - Hard to use
    - Expensive
    - A generic DXF importer (DXF R12 and less only currently supported)

ILD SÔS is not supposed to compete with other professional 3D laser show creation software, it IS intended to bring this capability down (closer) to hobbyist price level.

ILD SÔS goes great with Spaghetti.
    ILD SÔS utilizes Laserboy data structures internally (Thanks James!), however all of the functionality (including optimization/processing/reduction/import/export) in this program is unique.

ILD - Inconspicuous Laser Developer (SÔS is pronounced 'sauce')
    Each processing step can be enabled or disabled via the button on top of the step.

User manual:
    DOWNLOAD HERE

Thanks for all your support in this, members of PL. It is a work for you!

Here's a go at a basic How-to for converting images to ILDA using inkscape and ILD SOS:

7.9MB Xvid compressed Image to ILDA Turorial
    Last edited by drlava; 03-11-2010 at 15:57.

I gather that a lot of people don't know what this is for or what it does...

here is a quick example frame series that was produced through ILD SÔS. It is meant to be displayed at 30kpps with 30k scanners (but this could be adjusted) and the result is 80 fps. Picture this oscillating to the beat of a song.

With ILD SOS, The target frame rate setting can be adjusted to match the pbm of your song to keep the animation perfectly in sync, while the DAC rate and Scan speed settings can be set to match your hardware.

Because of the low complexity of the scene, ILD SOS has automatically and evenly added fill points to hit the 80fps target. If the scene was more complex, less fill points would be added, and the frame rate could be decreased. Also if a higher target frame rate like 100fps were entered, less fill points would be added.

The file is in ILDA format 1 with a built-in automatically generated optimal 64 color palette. If your software doesn't handle built-in palettes let me know.. any ilda type can be generated.
    Simple example

Note this is not a 3D example, it's a simulated 2d effect that was created with 3D studio max, illustrate! and ILDA SOS. 3D examples and fly-arounds are simple to do also, I think Dr Laser is working on some to show.

Samples here:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...6&postcount=52
    Last edited by drlava; 09-17-2009 at 08:46.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I could not open it with Anarchy.
    Unknown file type error.

Steve

this is exactly one of the reasons why this program exists. to serve as a compatibility bridge between different programs that can and can't read different ilda file specification types. Format 2 included palette has been in the standard for a long time, and yet many professoinal programs still do not support it.

Can your version of anarchy read ilda format 4 and 5? If so I'll post that. If not, I can post the ilda format 1 with no included palette, best matched to the standard ILDA palette. It's all just a couple of clicks.
    Last edited by drlava; 03-09-2009 at 20:38.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

No, I'm stuck with format 1.

Steve

Default I want buy one for testing.

I have no google checkout, but i have paypal.

Any free version available or commercial only?

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    No, I'm stuck with format 1.

Steve
    Here is a plane-jane V1. It doesn't have some of the color effects of the other, but you should be able to play it fine.

*link removed*

paypal is OK, PM me.

decix, at $15 it almost free, but not quite... How much have you spent on other gear, hardware, software?!
    Last edited by drlava; 09-17-2009 at 08:47.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    The file is in ILDA format 1 with a built-in automatically generated optimal 64 color palette. If your software doesn't handle built-in palettes let me know.. any ilda type can be generated.
    Simple example

Note this is not a 3D example, it's a simulated 2d effect that was created with 3D studio max, illustrate! and ILDA SOS. 3D examples and fly-arounds are simple to do also, I think Dr Laser is working on some to show.

Here's a fun one that I practiced with while getting more experience with the 3D environment:
    (click)
    No open with my MAMBA BLACK

Try downloading the second one (tunnel demo with cube) again.. The mamba black demo I just tried could open the standard 64 color palette one, but mamba black couldn't load the custom palette one OR the 24 bit (V5) color one. Hopefully they will support the V4 and V5 palette-less versions or the palette-included ILDA versions in the future.
    Last edited by drlava; 03-16-2009 at 15:14.