Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: ILD SÔS - Ilda Manupulation Tool Now Available

Hi ) I have a dead line with this logo.
    I can't find the way to download ILD SOS, I just get the message, that they wrote: You can review your order and download your invoice from the "Order history"
    That's it. In Russia it's really hard to find any info abt Lasers and ILD, and I really don't know how to make it till morning )
    I can try to paint it in Quazar 2.0 but it's really a problem...

It would be great, if you'll write how you did it! )

Is there anybody here? (

Yep, I think we are here. I think though most are thinking this should be a thread in the Laser Display Files section of the site. You might get more help there too as this thread is probably of limited interested to most laserists. I will take the files and look and see if I can come up with something usable.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

This is what I have right now. For some reason ild sos was crashing on 3x6_ShoK_5_1.svg while it appears as a valid svg in inkscape.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...mM&usp=sharing

2 colouredmirrorball - Thx a lot, but I'm not sure, that it looks like an original... Perhaps I'll have to draw everything in Quazar 2.0 - that's the only program I have for ILD graphics...
    2 cfavreau - Thx a lot ) If u'll have any information - please wright me... I have abt 3 hours smthg to say to the director )

I don't know, maybe it's just impossible to make the file the same as in jpeg?

Ah crap. I guess I got beaten to the punch. I will throw my work into the ring too The file is really complicated with all of the colored triangles. The word with the colored triangles alone takes 4000 points. That is A L O T! I got it down to around 2k points per frame. For something like this it would be better to do it by hand and/or figure out someway to reduce the picture so it is not as complex. When it comes to laser art Font Text really takes alot of points to display. Anyways here is alink to the work I did on Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Gc&usp=sharing

So here is the short story of what I did.

Step1: I had trouble opening some of the SVG artwork with ILDSOS so ... Put all of the SVG artwork into a SVG file. Make sure that it all has a color outline and not fill. I use a blank SVG file as a base that I created that has a black background with a square work surface that is 1000x1000 pixels I think. I kept each set of objects from each SVG file on a separate layer for easy manipulation. This resulted in the 3x6_ShoK_5_LASER002.svg file. Save.
    Step2: Create a new layer above the layer with the colored triangles. Lock all of the other layers. Save.
    Step3: Trace the the Letters with the colored triangles because the colored triangles are going to be really really tough to reduce. Save. I colored the lines white. Save.
    Step4: Make a copy of the SVG file. Open the copy and reduce all layers to 1 single layer. It is very important not to overwrite the original layered version. Save the copy single layer version as 3x6_ShoK_5_LASER001.svg.
    Step5: Open the 3x6_ShoK_5_LASER001.svg with ILD SOS.
    Step6: Check Data Reduce. Set it for Medium.
    Step7: Click Output File. Type in 3x6_ShoK_5_001_NOOPT.ild. Click Open. If you don't do this before pressing the Process button the you will very likely overwrite some previous artwork you did not want to overwrite.
    Step8: Click the Process Button. This will perform the conversion and save the ILD file.
    Step9: Check Optimize. Set your DAC rate. I used 30k. Set your Scanning Rate. I iterated through 12k, 24k, 30k.
    Step10: For each of those settings click the output file. Type in 3x6_ShoK_5_001_OPT12k.ild etc. and click the Process button.
    Note: Look at the Viewer window to see the resulting points per frame and resulting image. Too much Data Reduce or Optimization could cause it to become deformed.
    Step11: Do the same steps above for 3x6_ShoK_5_LASER002.svg which will come out with each element of the image in a separate frame instead of all in 1.
    Note: If you have a projector and DAC hooked up you may want to preview your images on your projector to see if you are satisfied... other wise you can kind of seat of your pants guess if it will look good by experience or something magical like that.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by solidude View Post
    Dudes help me out here. I have a very complex graphic I want to display. it has 6000 points, but they way im displaying the graphic makes only 600-700 points needed to be displayed at once: Its as if a spotlight is moving along the graphic and only the parts that the "spotlight" is on are visible.

is there a way to remove the "unlit" points to be able to do this trick?
    Personally, I'd leave the frame intact (once point optimized) and control what is displayed via the lasershow software. Within LSX, for example, you could zoom into a section of the frame (by increasing the size by a factor of 2 or more) so that only a limited number of points are displayed at any time. Alternatively, you can use surfaces to mask out the parts of the frame you don't want to display. The later is what you'd want to use for that "search-light" effect.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Personally, I'd leave the frame intact (once point optimized) and control what is displayed via the lasershow software. Within LSX, for example, you could zoom into a section of the frame (by increasing the size by a factor of 2 or more) so that only a limited number of points are displayed at any time. Alternatively, you can use surfaces to mask out the parts of the frame you don't want to display. The later is what you'd want to use for that "search-light" effect.

-David
    But what if you'd want to export the result as ilda?
    I thought the data reduce option would remove the unlit points, but I could be wrong. If this effect is created with LSX and then exported, the points with an intensity lower than a certain treshold should automatically be removed.