Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: World 3D demo for QM2000(!) and Easylase

Default World 3D demo for QM2000(!) and Easylase

The 3D world demo that has been on my Youtube page is finally ready for a download.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpD6atERJ08
    The demo also includes the spinning tesseract and the 4D abstract. It works best with a gamepad connected but will otherwise give you some mouse support for direction and +/- keys for speed. Hope you like

The very good news is that this app now supports PL's most popular DAC! With super-support from Bill (he really is a nice guy !) I got my hands on a QM2000 intro system and was able to add support to my software. I still need to get a better grasp on the QM specifics but those who use it will notice that the QM uses it's own settings (from the LD2000.ini) for size and palette. The settings in the world3D application come on top of that. Works well but keep in mind the QM has it's own settings that aren't controlled through this app.

Find the download on: http://www.amelink.net/lasergl/PL/

I'm still mesmerized by the LD2000 package capabilities and the pure quality of the shows included. I guess I won't surface for a while because I'm diving in deep

Wow great Job Matthijs that just looks Awesome

i seriously need to build my self a new projector

Awesome!

Thanks, Zoof!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

What kind of techno wizardry are you guys practicing to get this to work?
    All there is to click on is an exe but I get the following.

Downloaded the world3d(1).zip 3 times and extracted with the same results .....

Nice Zoof! looks like I need to get a joystick to make good use of your future work

soforene, download and install this that should fix you up:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

By the way zoof, what are the minimum computer requiements you recommend to run this? I notice that it (along with laseroids and other programs of yours) takes 100% of my CPU which is an Athlon XP 2.1GHz, 1GB RAM. Is this CPU load because you are polling the DAC in a loop without pauses?

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thank you Dr.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Nice Zoof! looks like I need to get a joystick to make good use of your future work

By the way zoof, what are the minimum computer requiements you recommend to run this? I notice that it (along with laseroids and other programs of yours) takes 100% of my CPU which is an Athlon XP 2.1GHz, 1GB RAM. Is this CPU load because you are polling the DAC in a loop without pauses?

The Dr needs a serious computer upgrade
    but it should run most programs just fine
    Do not look into laser with remaining eye
    Need laser repair contact me !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post

thanks for the kind words. , hehe Lava, you noticed.... The polling is continues and will eat up all CPU power on the graph. Other applications run slower while the polling goes on but it simply wasn't high on my list of things. Adaptive polling shouldn't be too hard to implement, in principle frame display time is known an can be used to time-out. Will look into it - in the mean time it 100% CPU doesn't hurt.

Question

I havn't gotten this yet, I am on the work laptop; you are using openGL correct? Can you do with with any 3D openGL program? I have a project from college that is a solar system simulation that you can move around in. Be interesting to see it on the QM.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hi Allthat,

actually the 3D engine isn't based on openGl itself. I've made the programming logic similar to what you can do with openGl so it will be easy to code for the engine with openGl experience. I've gone one step further and made the camera controlled like an object in 3D space. In openGl I always had the most trouble bending my mind around the inverse camera rotations and translations applied to the 3Dworld.

here is a code snippet that shows how setting up the camera works.
    Code:
    	//////////////////////////////
    	/// Setup Camera
    	myLaserOut->camSetMatrix(x,y,z, heading, pitch, roll);
    	/*
    	// The above line does the same as these 5 lines:
    	myLaserOut->camIdentity(); // reset camera transformation matrix

// translate
    	myLaserOut->camTranslate(x, y, z);

// rotate
    	myLaserOut->camRotate( 0, 0, 1,	heading );  // z axis
    	myLaserOut->camRotate( 0, 1, 0,	pitch	);	// y axis
    	myLaserOut->camRotate( 1, 0, 0,	roll	);	// x axis
    	*/
    	//////////////////////////////
    basically it works the same for any object. Once the geometry is loaded it can be positioned, rotated, and scaled with similar code as above.

Loading geometry from file goes something like this:
    Code:
            loadIlda("./media/3Dworld4.ild", &ildaframes);
    	//grid
    	ildaframes[0].overlay = false; // 3D object
    	ildaframes[0].setDim(); // set bounding sphere etc.
    	double sg = 1.0; // scale
    	ildaframes[0].setMatrix(0,0,0, 0,0,0, sg, sg, sg); //position, rotations, scale