Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: World 3D demo for QM2000(!) and Easylase

zoof how do i setup the DrLava Easylase driver (EZAudDac.dll) for this
    i know i have to rename it easylase.dll but where do i put it and how do i get it working with your software.. i know how to use the driver but i cant see how to select my dac in your software?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    That's the coolest thing I've seen in a long time! I have a semi-unrelated question. What did you use to make the video and did you do anything to reduce the flicker? I've never been able to video a laser show without a lot of flashing, flickering and partial frames.
    The cam I used is a canon ixus 40 - actually a photocam with a video-shot option. I don't use any special setting, I just use it in the dark and the camera uses a long 'shutter time'. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    zoof how do i setup the DrLava Easylase driver (EZAudDac.dll) for this
    i know i have to rename it easylase.dll but where do i put it and how do i get it working with your software.. i know how to use the driver but i cant see how to select my dac in your software?
    Aha, I just realized that I might have done something that doesn't work with the audio DAC.....

When the real easylase.dll is used it looks for a driver: FTD2XX.DLL, if it's not there it quits the whole program. To avoid quitting, my code looks for the FTD2XX.DLL. If it is not there it won't load easylase.dll, if it is there it will load easlyase.dll, even if it is the renamed version.

So a quick way around it is to install the FTD2xx.DLL driver.. Can be downloaded from www.jmlaser.com. I asked Lava to send me the native calls for the audiodac so I could give it it's own class but refused and said it would work just as well as an easylase imitation....

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    That's the coolest thing I've seen in a long time! I have a semi-unrelated question. What did you use to make the video and did you do anything to reduce the flicker? I've never been able to video a laser show without a lot of flashing, flickering and partial frames.
    If your camera has a "film" or "24 fps" mode, use that. It will increase the integration time at the expense of a tighter aperture setting.

cool thanks.. that was the error i was getting
    BTW i think alot of the calls are here
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...light=EZAudDac
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

It does work just as well, but I didn't refuse, just haven't had time to modify the code yet. By the way keeperx you should download the 1.05 version and set the ForceRepeatWhenOut flag to yes in the EzAudDac.ini for this program.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    It does work just as well, but I didn't refuse, just haven't had time to modify the code yet. By the way keeperx you should download the 1.05 version and set the ForceRepeatWhenOut flag to yes in the EzAudDac.ini for this program.
    You are experiencing that a frame takes longer to generate than to write, right? Maybe if the point count is low and scanning speed is high, but still strange. I remember finding that the writeFrame and writeFrameNR calls didn't work as expected on the easylase... but I should look into it again to see what works best. In the version you got the writeFrameNR is used with repeat set to 1.

p.s. refuse wasn;t the right word but anyway, I figured I could use the easylase look-a-like dll but with its own name and the class will almost be similar to the easylase one. What do you think?

yes, that does happen sometimes.

You can use the EzAudDac calls in the same way, just send the data as groups of 8 16 bit signed integers in the data structure and modify the size value passed as well, since it's in bytes.

Code:
    struct EAD_Pnt_s {
    	__int16 X;
    	__int16 Y;
    	__int16 R;
    	__int16 G;
    	__int16 B;
    	__int16 I;
    	__int16 AL;
    	__int16 AR;
    };

int __stdcall EzAudDacGetCardNum(void);
    bool __stdcall EzAudDacWriteFrame(const int& CardNum, const EAD_Pnt_s* data, int Bytes, uint16 PPS);
    bool __stdcall EzAudDacWriteFrameNR(const int& CardNum, const EAD_Pnt_s* data, int Bytes, uint16 PPS, uint16 Reps);
    int __stdcall EzAudDacGetStatus(const int& CardNum);
    bool __stdcall EzAudDacStop(const int& CardNum);
    bool __stdcall EzAudDacClose(void);
    Also there will be a ttl shutter implemented eventually, and probably even DMX so no need to throw those calls out.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    yes, that does happen sometimes.
    I haven't had it unless a bug was draining resources. But I'll look into optimizations because it shouldn't be a problem.

is the 3D World still alive ? :-)