Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DMX software

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    New Mac & Windows lighting software Cuelux works with industry-standard cuelist system.. Will be released soon and is quite affordable..
    Looks interesting Jeroen, I already have VisualDMX

Onge (André)
    350mW RGB, 180mW RGY Moving Head, 180mW RGY, 10mW Green, 5mw Green, 4x5mW Red
    Mamba Black 1.96 and MediaLas USB DAC, DMX SD DAC
    Just Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute

I like the Software LumiDMX. It haves a very cool Timeline feature together with a very need Live-Control. Also a 3D-Simulation is included. They are working on a new 3D Version which looks much better like everything else I ever saw. Here are some preview Screenshots: http://www.freestylers.tv/forum/view...486319f204aa31

Its Made in Germany, but the community is also speaking english. Oh and the price is absolute ok. The website is www.lumidmx.com.

Cheers
    Thomas

I am looking for DMX Software too, but I do not really have the need for a timeline. I want a program similar to quickshow where I can program my own ques for different lights.. I.E. Cues for Moving Heads, Cues for Led Bars.. etc.
    - instinct

Lightjockey by Martin
    Never used any other software, never wanted to!
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green
    ---------------------------------
    QM.NET, 2x FB3, LivePro, Beyond, APC40,

kgblasers.com

I use Daslight. A bit quirky and old-school, but for me it's better than any other software I've tried. Not Enttec-friendly AFAICT , though.
    Last edited by smokeAndMirrors; 12-21-2010 at 13:06.

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    I am looking for DMX Software too, but I do not really have the need for a timeline. I want a program similar to quickshow where I can program my own ques for different lights.. I.E. Cues for Moving Heads, Cues for Led Bars.. etc.
    Just add an Enttec Pro USB DMX interface to the latest version of QuickShow, and you'll be set...

(A lot has happened with QuickShow since I first started this thread!!)
    Last edited by Stuka; 12-21-2010 at 14:40.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

you can also do this easy with lumidmx and you will get in start of 2011 the new 3D-Visualizer Update (very impressive) for free. See Demo videos on lumidmx.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Just add an Enttec Pro USB DMX interface to the latest version of QuickShow, and you'll be set...

(A lot has happened with QuickShow since I first started this thread!!)
    I am not convinced that QuickShow is quite there yet with its DMX implementation (and have mentioned my concerns to Bill). As an example of something that can't yet be done: I use 4 or 5 lasers in my shows, 2 of which are DMX controlled (though obviously the concern relates to general DMX behaviour and not just lasers). I want to start a fan off at 0% zoom and unfold it over 10 seconds, then hold indefinitely. That simply can't be done with QS in its current form - DMX cues simply loop at the moment. They need to be controllable like the general animation cues - control the number of repeats, and whether it holds at the end or not.

Spaghetti works as a programmable timeline based DMX controller. I would like to add more features and user friendliness to it but I am not an experienced DMX guy so I am not sure what features are desired.

I have not used it but there is a free program called Vixen that is for controlling those fancy programmed Christmas light houses that you have seen in YouTube. Might be worth checking out.

I think I am going with Enttec Pro and Freestyler.. It's worth a shot, and I've heard really good things about Freestyler (almost a replica of Light Jockey). If not, I can try some other free software as well and I can use it with Quickshow. The dongle is pretty cheap, so it's almost no risk.
    - instinct