Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DMX software

I have never touched one. When I think of PRG fixtures and consoles don't pop in my head.

Didn't PRG buy the console div from Vari*Light?

Speaking of Vari*light, Philips owns them and Philips owns Lumileds. It is funny that Vari*Light's new LED fixture uses LEDs from another company because Lumileds doesn't make any thing bright enough Philips has to love that.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Yes, the V676 actually is the "new brother" of the PRG/Vari-Lite Virtuoso.

Although I've operated laser shows for 15 years, I am primarily a lighting guy. The only reason I'm on this forum is I'd like to build a nice projector, mostly for myself as a cool project.

That being said, the finest lighting console ever created is Chamsys MagicQ. (Grand MA is nice too, but is getting dated and is very expensive). Chamsys is free to download and they even provide support for the Enttec USB Pro.

It is some pretty complicated software, but you should be able to do everything you want to do pretty easily. Its the advanced options that might take you a long time to learn and understand.

If you do end up falling in love with Chamsys (as most people do), feel free to contact me if you want to buy any of the hardware. I have a very excellent connection with one of the few wholesalers in the country (USA).

www.muvmentlighting.com
    Last edited by muvment; 02-16-2011 at 18:22.