Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kvant 1W Spectrum RGB projector

Laser Warning Kvant 1W Spectrum RGB projector

The mystery projector unveiled...

As some of you know I am not the best DIYer on the board and don't get near the satisfaction some other members do by getting their hands dirty doing it themselves... My obsession is with the shows and the music, and of course, the coherent light.

I have decided to give up my builder's badge and go turn key so I can spend some time making shows rather than making a projector, and modifying the projector, and killing a laser/scanner, breaking a mirror... you get the picture. I feel more a designer that an engineer; don't get me wrong, I am proud of the small accomplishments I have made with the various Ghettofabulous builds, I just want to stop worrying about the box and worry about what I can make the box do.

I have sweet talked myself into a advertising/spokesmanship spot for a respectable European laser projector company. I received a slight discount on a turn key system in return for a bit of my time and soul, which I had already been wasting away on the DIY stuff anyway. Now instead of getting the projector ready for a broadcast, I just broadcast.

Introducing the new, smaller Kvant 1W Spectrum RGB projector.

It arrived in a beastly road case with more foam rubber siding in it that there is actual projector.

In the empty space there to the right, but not pictured, was a very nice ILDA cable that I am guessing is 20 meters long but might be longer.

The only problem I am having is I thought it was going to come with all the safety goodies and I could run up to the CDRH and they would give me a varience... My dumbass for hoping... It has a key switch and... that is about it. Other wise it includes X and Y invert switches, dials on the back for manual adjusting of the individual laser powers, and a test output switch that turns all three lasers on full power to test the output I guess...

Here we are with no smoke in the room...

and maybe a puff of smoke in this one...

We measured it at the pre-FLEM gathering at the venue... Well, DZ measured it on his new nifty meter and... after optics, and scanners, and the aperature window (that looks to reflect a good 5% back into the projector... ), it showed 980mW of white, and 250mW of red, 640nm, 350mw of 532 green, and 380mW of 445nm blue. The specs page shows a bit higher on the red and blue, but the layout is a bit different that you or I would choose. Blue is first, with two reds combined with a cube, then the green. The blue goes through 2 dichros and a bounce mirror and the red goes through one dichro and bounce mirror after a mirror and combiner cube. I will open it up for a few up the skirt shots later tonight. Even with those powers the balance is beautiful and the blue... I... I am not sure I can do it justice, so I will have to make a few videos and let it speak for itself. Maybe a few shots of the beams... in air and on the wall.

Did I mention the scanners... They have two options, LM scanners, which I have no idea what they are or who makes them, and the CT6215s, which came in mine.

Over all I am very happy with my new projector. If you have any questions on the projector or lasershow video requests, shoot me a PM. If I cannot answer it I will definatly refer it to Kvant for an answer and would be happy to make a video of any of the shows I have.
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 03-23-2009 at 16:18.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

That projector absolutely ROCKeD! I'm glad it arrived in time, thanks for sharing with us FLEM!

WOW! That is an impressive little projector Those are CT6215 scanners?
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

aaron-

that is a BEAUTIFUL projector!! now THAT is what a projector should look like!! LASERWORLD.....TAKE NOTES!!!!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

I can wholeheartedly agree that the blue cannot be done justice without a first-hand experience. Aaron, that is an amazing little projector you have.

Congrats

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Is that the projector that was making the wicked blue circle in the FLEM youtube video? If there was an available smiley that was drooling, it would be here -->
    -Mike

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT P... Em, hem, a Movie

So we can see the color timing, because everything else looks so pro....

Steve

And the price??

Looks cool Sexy projector and it looks like it writes on the wall pretty darn good!

WOW, Great colours
    Are the CT 6215 scanners the high power versions or just the stock ones?
    Interesting that the green now looks to be the fattest, obviously this is due to the red and blue now being Direct Inject diodes

Looking forward to seeing photos of the insides
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Lightbulb

Thank you everyone; it is amazing what you can do with a loan on a 401k that was heading south... The 3.2% I am going to pay, from what I understand is to myself, is much bettter than the 32% it lost the past year.

Yes, they are 6215s with the 40k amps. I am running a nice angle at 30K with a bit of room to spare.

Yes, Laserworld, look... I beleive this laser was measured at around 350mW, after the scanners and aperature window glass... and it is labled as 300mW...

Here is a slightly closer angle... Just for Peter...

Yes this was the one showing the blue tunnel. Just an abstract circle at "60.00".
    Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    ... Em, hem, a Movie.....

Steve
    Steve, anything for you... what would you like the movie to be of? I have some videos of DZ's shows from Mr. Dunn that I am capturing in the other room. Might be a few days before they are up. If you have something specific in mind I can take a smaller video that I can get on the FTP sooner. No you tube or google video as it will compress it to shit.

As for the cost, a bit of my future time, more of a reason to hit as many LEMs as I can, a pinch of my soul (have yet to receive a Kvant t-shirt..., there were none available to send me for FLEM), and about half what the list price is, plus about $500 in shipping. It was shipped on 03/18 and arived on 03/20... and weighed 70+lbs. in the flight case.

The insides...

You'll have to find the album for the rest. I am not sure I want the "jewels" on the front page and all... Intimacy on that level is best left for the profile. It is the perfect build if you like em slim and trim.