Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kvant 1W Spectrum RGB projector

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey Brother!...

The Kvant was Killer, dude!...
    Would really like to see some balanced video of this in action. Awesome projector, don't think the UKLEM video did Pelosh's justice.

Oh s**t! I have just watched that video... That is complete crap, isn't it.
    Well the camera sensor was taking too much light from those greens and affect I was doing were well speraded and even so it was quite bit for my eyes (I shouldn't say this here, should I ).
    Shame I haven't got a camcoder...

Lightbulb

I have a video of Elevation on the PL FTP and am uploading the Floyd show from Mike Dunn we watch at FLEM. About 4 hours left of the 1 gig file.

Thumbs up laser

its amazing!!
    it has a pure white beam

i want one too

Elevation show looks nice if somewhat flickery (i'm blaming the show here not the Kvant given it has Cambridge scanners ).

Would like to see a beam show though.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Elevation show looks nice if somewhat flickery (i'm blaming the show here not the Kvant given it has Cambridge scanners ).

Would like to see a beam show though.
    Blame the camera...

I made a recording of several beamshows last night. I need to edit the audio and upload. Should be on the FTP in a couple of days. I am also trying to burn a DVD of the FLEM video.

Exclamation

I have been peeking around and noticed there are a set of LEDs inside the projector, 1R, 1G, 1B... they turn on when the cooresponding color of laser is on. One safety feature down.

Hey Allthatwhichis,

I like the new avatar, I'm presuming from the Kvant?

Anyway it impressed me so much I decided to run the colour balance through Chroma, thought you might like to see the result.

Comes out nicely centered to the pinky side of white which wasn't altogether a surprise as the Kvant seems to do pinks, purples and violets really well:

Default But what do they cost

Prices for these beauties USD would be nice but anything helps

In Europe the 1W are on special offer at the moment at Euro 6,600. Convert that to Dollars and I guess you have a ballpark figure. (I doubt there's a directly analogous figure as UK / US prices rarely match and of course there's probably extra shipping to the US).

They're not cheap but the Cambridge Scanners and High Power 445nm blues command some serious money on their own so that's where a lot of it goes.

At the end of the day it depends on how much you can spend and what you like. The Kvants are excellent at graphics (amongst the very best) and produce very nice beam shows. However, its probably fair to say they're biased towards pinks and purples at the expense of yellows and cyans because of the use of 445nm which is much darker than regular 473nm blue. Whether or not that's a good balance depends on personal preference.