Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Selem- 2009

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

One exit before the Newton Exit / Holiday Inn Express is a Super 8. 1/2 the price, 1/2 the service, clean and quiet. NON SMOKING! I mention this for the budget limited, such as my self. Last time I had horrible problems with tobacco residue at the HIE in the air vents.

Steve

Hi All:

I haven't decided to fly or drive yet. Can't take much on a plane. I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan. Anyone interested in car pooling and spliting the cost? I could drive and meet somewhere with someone who wanted to go with me in my car (ford explorer), or I could meet and go in their car. No problem with a group either.

300 Evil, are you going and driving?

Any thoughts?

Edit: I think I will stay at the Conover Holiday Inn Express, but flexible.

John
    Inventor of the hemorroid transplant

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

DOCJOHN, I'm in Akron, I dont know if 3 hours saves you that much....

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    DOCJOHN, I'm in Akron, I dont know if 3 hours saves you that much....

Steve

Hey Steve:

That sounds very interesting. Are you planning on driving?

John
    Inventor of the hemorroid transplant

Thumbs up Group Rate Details for Holiday Inn Express!

Update on group rate for Holiday Inn Express:

Just got off the phone with "Gerry" (female), and she confirmed a rate of $75 (plus tax) for all SELEM attendees. (WOOT!) This rate is good for Friday, August 14th through Sunday, August 16th. You can stay one, two, or all three nights - doesn't matter. The general manager (Cathy Newton) was not in when I called, but she will also know about this rate if you call and Gerry is not in for whatever reason.

Note: They *do* have non-smoking rooms available. So Steve, if you had a problem last time, maybe they put you in a smoking room by accident? Be sure to ask for non-smoking next time; they'll hook you up.

So, if you want to book a hotel room for SELEM, call (828) 465-7070 and tell them you are from PhotonLexicon and you will be attending SELEM. Then give them the dates that you need a room for.

They are holding a block of 10 rooms for us until August 5th. They will give us extra rooms at the group rate *if* they are available (which they probably will be). But after August 5th, you'll have to pay full price. (Something around $90 I think, plus tax.)

If you need to cancel, you can do so without penalty as long as you call them by 6 PM on the day you are supposed to arrive.

Note that if you book on-line, there may be other restrictions, and you won't get the PhotonLexicon rate. To get this rate, you need to call the hotel directly at (828) 465-7070.

Adam

Thumbs up

Nice job Adam!!! Looks like this one is moving right along. Is it too early to ask for the time off.

FYI there looks like there will be a caravan from akron that will probably meet up with a few east coasters on 95 somewhere...

im assuming that Steve and Lava and James and Dean and Laserguy216 are all coming and im coming and Mark is coming and MarioMaster might come ...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Thumbs up

YEA!!! I am starting to get excited... August is just too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Nice job Adam!!! Looks like this one is moving right along. Is it too early to ask for the time off.
    Agreed! Adam, thank you!

Also, my PTO request has already been submitted... it is far too early, but I want to make sure that there are no IF's, AND's, or BUT's!

I think I will be driving (probably leaving Friday morning) and the GF is attending this one (I promised her a road trip... and a subsequent day or two in the area )

See you all in a few months... damn, I wish it was sooner...

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    FYI there looks like there will be a caravan from akron that will probably meet up with a few east coasters on 95 somewhere...

im assuming that Steve and Lava and James and Dean and Laserguy216 are all coming and im coming and Mark is coming and MarioMaster might come ...
    WOW! You guys should rent a school bus!

This is very cool... looking forward to seeing everyone there

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.