Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another FLEM in 2009?

Default Another FLEM in 2009?

Are you guys serious? I try to check the boards at least once a day............I missed whomever suggested this first. If we have SELEM in August............it's April tomorrow. Okay let's talk facts. Matthew will be using his lasers and music in a Youth Sunday the end of May. I'm a planner so .................. Cat

How about late October/early november?

Lightbulb Fiend like serious. ;)

Cat this is our "crack"; we would do a LEM every weekend if we could. Some of us sit up at night streaming live lasershows online as a fix inbetween LEMs... We do two Florida meets per year on average; one right before, or shortly after SELEM would be right on schedule. With this venue, there might be more per year. Mainly because a few of us live so close.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Default I'm with you................

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    How about late October/early november?
    Let the heat of the FL summer subside...........did I mention I don't like heat. As I said I don't know if someone was serious, but it might be worth considering. Cat

Default Explain.............

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Cat this is our "crack"; we would do a LEM every weekend if we could. Some of us sit up at night streaming live lasershows online as a fix inbetween LEMs... We do two Florida meets per year on average; one right before, or shortly after SELEM would be right on schedule. With this venue, there might be more per year. Mainly because a few of us live so close.
    ALLTHATWHICHIS..............what do you mean "our crack"

Lightbulb Like lasers are to us, what crack cocaine is to a crack head.

We are addicted to coherent light. Some of us... most of us, have driven hundreds of miles to meet with people we met over the internet to "play" with laser. Some people, some of them living in the same house as some of us, consider this a sickness... while some of us consider it therapy. I consider it both right now... I can't seem to get these frames to do what I want them to!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    ALLTHATWHICHIS..............what do you mean "our crack"
    What you aren't addicted to photons!

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 03-31-2009 at 19:42. Reason: I can't spell things correctly.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Default New years !

How about new years at a bigger place !! Throw a big new years party !!! SUPPER FLEM !!!!!!!!
    " MANUFACTURER OF HIGH QUALITY MICRO LASER COMPONENTS" !!
    http://www.microlaserlabs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Zone View Post
    How about new years at a bigger place !! Throw a big new years party !!! SUPPER FLEM !!!!!!!!
    If you make it a Black Tie Event only... you could call it a FLEM BALL!!!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Smile

Cathy;

As Aaron already mentioned, lasers are an addiction of sorts for a lot of us. So yeah, it's entirely possible that we'll have more of these meets. This new venue is convenient to a lot of the members in Florida, plus it's usually available on weekends and it's cheep! That means we can hold more meets...

Officially, we've always held 2 FLEM's each year. One between January and March, and the other between September and November. However, there is some talk about holding a third FLEM between now and June in Florida. It would likely end up being a much smaller event though. For now, it's just talk, but given that the venue is easy to book, we *could* do it if there's enough interest. (It only takes 4-5 people to make a Laser Enthusiast's Meeting happen...)

As for NewYears - that's a possibility... The main problem is that a lot of the professional people (and even some hobbyists) will already be doing laser shows on that night, either for the general public or for friends and family in their living room...

Adam