Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh what the heck... FLEM Ver. 6.0 anyone?

Thumbs up Oh what the heck... FLEM Ver. 6.0 anyone?

I can't believe I'm committing to this, but like Aaron said - lasers are an addiction!

So, I'm up for schlepping the lasers, the sound system, and all the associated equipment back down to Florida for another Laser Enthusiast's Meeting between now and the beginning of summer. Anyone else game for a FLEM rematch?

I know that Astroguy was pretty sad that he had to miss FLEM 5 (he had the flu), so I'd like to schedule this next one around his schedule as much as possible so that he can attend. Also, I'll need DZ there, as I need his amps to drive the big speakers. (Plus his projector is awesome to watch, and he is also the one that usually ends up fixing things at these meets, so we'd be lost without our chief technician!) Aaron, I know you're local, so as long as you can get the time off work you should be golden. Sure hope that Clandestiny will be in town too - haven't seen him in a while.

I'm thinking about doing the exact same thing as last time. That is - meet for dinner on Friday the night before, then kick things off on a Saturday morning around 9 AM or so. Same venue in Tavares.

What do you folks think? Anyone up for doing this again?

Adam

I'd love to, but sadly i can't this soon.

Work and things like that, ya know.

Bork, Bork Bork!

Is Spec sleeping?

you guys are freakin relentless!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Thumbs up

I should be able to swing by...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Let's see... drive an hour and have a blast... or sit at home and regret it later... Oh what the heck... I'll do it!

Count me in guys!

So that's 4 projectors so far... beams had better be king this time around! We didn't do any last time... I wanna see that Kvant do beam shows!

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Laser Warning

I kinda want a longer throw for beams... We need to start thinking of projector placment ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I kinda want a longer throw for beams... We need to start thinking of projector placment ideas...
    Absolutely... If we arrange things so the projectors are shooting from the kitchen area towards the balcony, we should have a nice throw, and with this being a small LEM, we'll probably be okay with regards to room...

With that arrangement though, the graphics shows will either be crammed, small, or overlapping... unless one at a time

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Default I know you're aiming this more for those local

I'm sure this is more for those within a few hours of Tavares. I wish we could but I've got to put my efforts for the Youth Sunday that will be taking place at church. It's a small display but Matthew will have 20-30 minutes with his lights and lasers. I wish you all lived closer. Also the thought right this minute of getting back in my car and driving all that time, isn't thrilling me. As addicted as Matthew is, he is focusing on laser building. Cat

Thumbs up

We certainly would be happy if you could attend, Cathy! But I understand that you have other priorities. (Plus, it's a lot farther by car for you than it is for me!)

Aaron / Mo:

I agree with changing the room around. I like the idea of shooting from the kitchen side towards the porch area. I had originally planned to do it that way for FLEM 5, but when I started thinking about how many projectors we would have, I realized that it just wouldn't have worked. But given that this event will probably be much smaller, I think it will be fine to use the long axis of the room this time.

Doug:

No problem buddy. It's a long haul for you as well. Glad that you were able to make FLEM 5 though. Don't forget to mark August 14th through the 16th on your calender for SELEM 2009! (Have you booked your room yet?)

PAT:

Yes, we are relentless. It's an addiction, I tell ya! Now that you've got your first Pacific LEM set up, you can start thinking about the next one!

Adam