Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: RGBV laser

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    Uh, no it's not.

CD is uncompressed- 16-bit 44.1 kHz stereo linear.

Most studios used 96 kHz 24-bit linear but since storage got so cheap an increasing number are moving to 192 kHz.

None of this has any bearing on the number of kilobits per second of MPEG layer 3 you're using, because neither CD nor studio use that. It's a lossy format and so it is unsuitable for studio use (the generation loss is perceptible even at 320 kbits/sec). CD predates MPEG, and in fact does not use any form of data compression.
    I can't claim to know the technicalities like you Heroic. All I can say is that in the UK 192kbs bit rate is described as CD Quality and on many (legitimate) download sites 320kbs is described as Studio Quality. If that's wrong then fair enough.

However, my real point was, there is an audible difference between 192 and 320 kbs so if 320kbs is an option, record in it.

Quote Originally Posted by djmatt View Post
    Ah ok.

The biggest prob. I have is keeping the files under 15mb. most sites that I use dont let huge files upload.

djmatt
    I didn't realise you were file sharing, can't help you further in that case as I don't condone that. Sorry.

White-Light, thats a claimed comparison to try and simplify what the compression bit rates of MP3 are to real world. Neither are close in reality.

The data rate of a CD is in fact 1411.2kbit/s (uncompressed) where as MP3 is at most 320kbit/s. There are other ways of saving your music such as with FLAC. Which is a lossless compression.

Anyway check this out for more info on MP3: http://www.fliptech.net/bitrate.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I didn't realise you were file sharing, can't help you further in that case as I don't condone that. Sorry.
    I think he's talking about sharing his own files in this case, FYI.

-Jonathan

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Everybody's different but I find it easier to align with one point and all lasers at their lowest lasing threshold. That way you can get one dot on your x galvo and one dot on the wall.
    Yes Ive just started doing that and it helps alot!!!!!
    Thanks!!

djmatt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by madgadget View Post
    As another laser newbie but quite used to dealing with risky/potentially dangerous type of equipment I think that 300EVIL has just raised a really good point.

When playing with optics, TURN THE POWER DOWN!! You have a whole lot of power there and your playing with mirrors and your inches away from it all. You said you already just suffered an eye full, so wind the power right down and set the optics then

Yes!! It helps!! Mainly your not blinded by the light at close range!! And yes takeing a full eye hit HURTS! been there,and dont want to do it again!!!

djmatt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I think he's talking about sharing his own files in this case, FYI.

-Jonathan
    That's OK. Its just I have a djdownload account and you have to sign up not to distribute as there's no DRM so I don't want to be seen to encouraging it as I value my account on there. There are a lot of tracks you can't get elsewhere at 320kbs (most places use 192) and totally drm free.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I can't claim to know the technicalities like you Heroic. All I can say is that in the UK 192kbs bit rate is described as CD Quality and on many (legitimate) download sites 320kbs is described as Studio Quality. If that's wrong then fair enough.

However, my real point was, there is an audible difference between 192 and 320 kbs so if 320kbs is an option, record in it.
    No your right! The prob I run in to is "most sites' only let you upload 192kbs for free,but you can pay to upload 320kbs.
    But my 192kbs is so clean and crisp when I upload (thanks to an HD sound engine) that for the most part I cant tell them apart

But yes 320kbs sounds much better than 192kbs!!
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Default ...reminiscing...

I can't believe everybody used to be OK with 128 kbps or, worst yet, 112 or under back when MP3s started gaining popularity.

I remember ripping all of my CDs at 160 kbps back in 1998 and thinking I had just archived them.

-Jonathan

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I can't believe everybody used to be OK with 128 kbps or, worst yet, 112 or under back when MP3s started gaining popularity.

I remember ripping all of my CDs at 160 kbps back in 1998 and thinking I had just archived them.

-Jonathan
    Haha!! Yeah,things have really changed. Now there are working on MP3 pro. and the newest one MP4,which has been out, but you need a program to play them.
    I wonder whats next?

djmatt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt