Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New projector build

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    DIY look? Looks pretty damn good to me!

Interesting that you built a red-blue laser, seeing as green is the most common and cheapest. I guess you'll add one soon enough.
    Yes I am fitting a 1 watt green from Rob + the red unit is temporary, I am going to fit one of Rob's 640nm Laserwave modules.
    Last edited by Doc; 04-05-2009 at 11:34.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Looking good buddy

funny i used to have blue laser just like that one

you are going to have to wind the green way down to get a good white ballance .... what power 640 are you getting .... im eagerly waiting for the next installment

all the best .... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Looking good buddy

funny i used to have blue laser just like that one

you are going to have to wind the green way down to get a good white ballance .... what power 640 are you getting .... im eagerly waiting for the next installment

all the best .... Karl

Hi Karl, hows Sweden?

You can't have too much green! Seriously; I know it will have to be throttled back for the white balance, but plenty of green will be handy for other effects, and I do plan on upping the blue power later in the year. As for the red; I will have to discus that with Rob, but I will be purchasing the largest that funds will allow.

Cheers

Doc's website

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Hi Doc

Sweden is going well, weather was cold last week but great this saturday

we have the storage system in place this week ( which is over 2 factory floors high ) and the first wrapping machine ( this is wrapping over 1000 chocolate bar per Minute )

and tuesday the robot packers are ariving on site

heres some piccys of the store and wrapper

all the best buddy ....

Karl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0742.jpg  

DSCF0747.jpg  

Karl, have you figured out where you are yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    It's just a pair of Sony long open cans in Aixiz housings in New Wish heatsinks (from DX). I have replaced the lenses with coated glass jobs, removed the springs and used nitrile O rings to stabilize the lens adjusters (you can just see the purple showing in the closeup pics) which stops them wobbling like a nodding dogs!

Hi
    cool build
    What size diode was in the DX heatsink befor you put the aixizs in there could i put a TO-9 (9mm) diode in one one.

thanks
    The glint in your eyes .....
    the warmth and the light ....
    is everything you love ...
    burning right before you ...

Hi Tocket

im in Cloetta near Linkoping ( i dont have them swedish characters on my keyboard )

sorry Doc.. back to your laser .... dont want a thread hijack

all the best ... karl

Quote Originally Posted by ionlaser555 View Post
    Hi
    cool build
    What size diode was in the DX heatsink befor you put the aixizs in there could i put a TO-9 (9mm) diode in one one.

thanks
    They where 5.6mm diodes in a brass module, exactly the same size as an Aixis only better (they use a screw down collar to retain the diode and are brass throughout) only thing is; I'd already installed the long cans in the Aixis modules

Doc's website

One watt of green added tonight.

Doc's website

Lightbulb

That looks nice! Have you turned that green down? Looks a bit weak to be a watt and mix that well with those two diodes...